Author Topic: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?  (Read 102647 times)

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
Re: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?
« Reply #40 on: 18 May 2010, 23:35 »
I tried it today, and got this:

Except mine reads 20MPH. All the time. Something not right.

Can someone please re-check the coding instructions?
Cheers,

Glen

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 18 May 2010, 23:42 »
Rest of the World in the instruments Gateway.

I used the beta version of VCDS.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #42 on: 18 May 2010, 23:46 »

My digital one is near identical to the dial.  I checked them against a GPS camera detector, and at 70mph they're only about 2-3 mph low.

Yeah - I get the digital compass in the top corner when I'm moving.

I rechecked today going to work. My dial was reading 75 and the digital reading was between 74 and 75 so I was a bit hasty saying they were different. I haven't tried comparing them to my GPS unit!!.

Is your GPS camera detector worth it do you think? Do you have to rely on others inputting the data to where the vans are etc?
I've been done twice now for speeding in only a matter of a couple of months. I had a clean licence for the last 15 years until I got the Golf!"!!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 19 May 2010, 00:03 »
Rest of the World in the instruments Gateway.

I used the beta version of VCDS.

That's what I did.
Had to reset the fuel consumption back to Imp Miler per Gallon (Eng) afterwards...

Looks like I'l be putting it back to UK...as a static 20 MPH figure is little use.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 19 May 2010, 07:04 »
That's what I did.
Had to reset the fuel consumption back to Imp Miler per Gallon (Eng) afterwards...

Looks like I'l be putting it back to UK...as a static 20 MPH figure is little use.

Thats what I did  too - and the pic above shows what I get.  You can try setting it to USA - but then every time you get in the car and put the key in, it bongs like an American car.  You also need to change the temp from F to C if I remember correctly.

Its odd that both of yours look different from mine - as I tested this on my loan Golf Plus (59 plate) and it looked exactly the same as mine does.  We must've done something slightly different?
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #45 on: 02 June 2010, 19:49 »
So changing the coding to MPH the car sits at 20mph showing on the dial ?

Also, p3eps, do you have instructions for all the coding you did ? also the R LED coding ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 02 June 2010, 22:56 »
Maybe on Ess-threes but not on mine or p3eps. It works the way it is meant to work.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #47 on: 02 June 2010, 23:16 »
Maybe on Ess-threes but not on mine or p3eps. It works the way it is meant to work.

thanks, could you post your coding info up you did please mate from the stuff in the first post ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 02 June 2010, 23:47 »
Hi Folks

I'm interested in getting the VAGCOM cable (this thread has persuaded me) but my vehicle is still under warranty (like most here I'm sure) and I wondered if there were any ramifications from an insurance or warranty perspective?

To be honest, I'm unlikely to undertake anything particularly adventurous but the car has done about 1200 miles and I don't really want the dealership deciding that my tweaking the MFD suddenly means that any issue or failure is attributable to my intervention. Is it possible to flash the log or is there a secondary log backup in the system?

Any thoughts or is there an official line on this? I've not really been able to find anything definitive in any of the VAG forums and wondered if anyone here knew?

Thanks

AGB
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 03 June 2010, 07:16 »
So changing the coding to MPH the car sits at 20mph showing on the dial ?

Also, p3eps, do you have instructions for all the coding you did ? also the R LED coding ?

Because I've done all my coding in bits and bobs, I've no idea what I've done!
I followed Morty's guide for coding the RNS, and I've edited my HOW TO - FISCON with the coding for that.
Other than that I turned off the seatbelt bong, and changed the speedo.
I never coded my LED lights, as they came as standard  :wink:
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.