Author Topic: 2013 gtd upgrade  (Read 3222 times)

Offline mossy69

• GTI forum regular
  • 2014 gtd carbon grey pro nav dyn audio keyless wp
2013 gtd upgrade
« on: 21 September 2018, 06:45 »
hi there ive had my gtd now for 6months and im now thinking of an upgrade either a remap or something else whats the best one to go  for have no idea never remapped a car before  cheers

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
Re: 2013 gtd upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2018, 06:49 »
There seem to be a lot of people on here who go for DTUK boxes, haven't got one myself though.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2018, 08:06 »
Hi several options here, maybe first go for the DTUK pedalbox, although not a remap will give you an increase in power feel. Then there is their tuning box, which is a DIY fitment which clicks into your wiring loom and will be good for 30/40 bhp. This can then be removed if you sell the car, and i think they'll reprogram for your next car.

Then the ecu remap, good again for 30/40bhp. several options here. Had both Superchips and Revo. Superchips also do a Bluefin device which contains the same map as the ecu tune but you can pop it in and out as you want.

I've had both the Bluefin and pedalbox on a GTD at the same time and was happy with the results, although i did like the pedalbox with the standard car. Cost wise maps/tuning box £400ish and pedalbox £200.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2018, 15:35 »
we have our plug and play boxes available for the GTD, these have recently been updated and the CRD3+ with app control can also be used on petrol cars as well as diesels. So if and when you sell the GTD and you fancy a GTI, a golf R, BMW 140i we can rejig the box for you at an approx cost of £127.95

details of what we can offer can be found via this link, any questions feel free to email me direct on

andrew@dtuk-performance.co.uk

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/tuning/car/volkswagen/golf-vii-from-2012-onwards/2-0-gtd-184ps135kw-1968-ccm/#go
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code

Offline jord91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 21 September 2018, 19:47 »
so you can have a pedal box with a remapped car too ?
am stage 1 with bluefin its worth getting

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 September 2018, 22:45 »
Yeh you can they do a bundle with the tuning box and pedalbox, i ran a bluefin and the pedalbox.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2018, 11:34 »
I ran a CRD3+ on a GTD for a short time (I only kept the car a short time, if the car had stayed the box would have stayed on it as it just brought the engine alive, night and day difference in the upper gears).

I'd definitely recommend this as a first stage of tuning after the essential PedalBox mod.

The standard GTD is very flat to drive compared to the punchy TDI's of previous generations, the CRD3+ just adds that bit of character and mid range oomph that is mapped out by the factory in their quest for a more petrol like power delivery.

Flexibility is massively improved and the performance would easily give a standard R and certainly a GTI a run for their money at sensible public road speeds. Obviously traction can become an issue if driven badly but to be honest the biggest gains and benefits seem to be in the upper gears where the performance just becomes effortless.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2018, 14:29 »
The Mk7 gtd isn't flat it just delivers the power/torque differently to previous diesel VW's. You just have to adjust your driving style to get the best out of it.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2018, 14:52 »
The Mk7 gtd isn't flat it just delivers the power/torque differently to previous diesel VW's. You just have to adjust your driving style to get the best out of it.

Most GTD owners seem to have adapted to driving flat out everywhere! They’re definitely amongst the fastest cars you see on the motorway every day!

Me, I adapted a little too far, I adapted it straight to a VW dealer and changed it! 
Mind you, it wasn’t the engine that didn’t do it for me as that was fine once the CRD3+ was fitted. :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner