Author Topic: Likely discounts on facelift model?  (Read 5300 times)

Offline ahfh1

• Just got here
Likely discounts on facelift model?
« on: 29 December 2016, 10:20 »
Hi,

In a slight dilemma over whether to wait and see what the discounts will be on the facelift model, or to bite the bullet and get a pre facelift model where I know I can get around 22% discount.

Do VW ever do discounts on facelift models?

Offline gaurav_aidasani

• GTI forum regular
Re: Likely discounts on facelift model?
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2016, 10:32 »
Surely you meant to post this on the mk7 section?!

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2016, 12:56 »
I would expect the usual brokers to be offering discounts straight after launch. Its a mainstream, high volume model, regardless of the 'facelift'!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 29 December 2016, 14:43 »
There will still be discounts, but they might not be quite as generous as the 22% you're seeing. Likely they'll reduce the deposit contribution, up the list price or up the APR% on finance. A price rise is almost a cert - the other 2 things are a distinct possibility!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 29 December 2016, 14:58 »
I have a sneaky feeling a lot of the standard equipment won't be standard like Winter Pack, Keyless and possibly Sat Nav.
That way the price difference won't appear that much.
Or if they reduce the offer of Dealer Contribution to say £1k, the car has effectively went up in price without an actual price increase if you know what I mean.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline ahfh1

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2016, 00:26 »
Surely you meant to post this on the mk7 section?!

Yes, you're right!  Apologies!

Offline ahfh1

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 30 December 2016, 00:37 »
I have a sneaky feeling a lot of the standard equipment won't be standard like Winter Pack, Keyless and possibly Sat Nav.
That way the price difference won't appear that much.
Or if they reduce the offer of Dealer Contribution to say £1k, the car has effectively went up in price without an actual price increase if you know what I mean.

Ah yeah, gotcha!  Really hope they keep the sat nav as standard, as this is standard on similar sized cars like the BMW 1 series which I was tempted by.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 December 2016, 11:07 »
That will be very interesting to see. I agree its going to look very mean without sat-nav although I expect Winter Pack will be back on the options list.

physio

« Reply #8 on: 30 December 2016, 12:05 »
I think basic sat nav will be standard , hope they leave keyless as standard as well
Does anyone know when the order books are open ?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #9 on: 30 December 2016, 15:09 »
I think some models will be February, with deliveries in April.... but whether that is GTI/GTD/R remains to be seen....
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC