Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740160 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10950 on: 08 December 2020, 15:39 »
2nd ever Mot & straight through, at coming up to 4 years old and 9500 miles I expected the pass!

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10951 on: 08 December 2020, 19:29 »
Here's a video of the TCR muffler on my standard GTI. I'll try take better videos at some stage but this is the best I could come up with today.

https://youtu.be/sBOrwp3SGQU
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10952 on: 08 December 2020, 22:07 »
My goodies arrived today... OBDeleven ultimate pack, an OBDeleven travel cup and my new TCR rear muffler. I hope to have the muffler fitted this week. I'll take a video or two to try capture the sound difference. I know there are a few videos comparing the two but there can always be more!!  :grin:

Maximus; mind if I ask when you ordered your OBDeleven? I placed my order on the 24th November and I'm still waiting.
I know that's only two weeks but I'm an impatient git! :grin:
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10953 on: 08 December 2020, 22:49 »
My goodies arrived today... OBDeleven ultimate pack, an OBDeleven travel cup and my new TCR rear muffler. I hope to have the muffler fitted this week. I'll take a video or two to try capture the sound difference. I know there are a few videos comparing the two but there can always be more!!  :grin:

Maximus; mind if I ask when you ordered your OBDeleven? I placed my order on the 24th November and I'm still waiting.

I ordered on Black Friday and I selected the priority shipping as I needed to run a diagnostics on my car so it arrived within a day. I had looked up reviews of their standard shipping option and it looks like it could take up to a few weeks to arrive.
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline too hot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10954 on: 08 December 2020, 23:13 »
2nd ever Mot & straight through, at coming up to 4 years old and 9500 miles I expected the pass!
Glad to hear it,hope you have many more :smiley: :smiley:
6R

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10955 on: 09 December 2020, 08:00 »

I ordered on Black Friday and I selected the priority shipping as I needed to run a diagnostics on my car so it arrived within a day. I had looked up reviews of their standard shipping option and it looks like it could take up to a few weeks to arrive.

Good thinking; I wish I'd done the same!
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline Vw80

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10956 on: 09 December 2020, 13:28 »
Here's a video of the TCR muffler on my standard GTI. I'll try take better videos at some stage but this is the best I could come up with today.

Lovely job👌  How much is tcr box? Will Ur original 7.5 fit a 7? I don’t think🤔 I want any louder but like the look of bigger pipes on 7.5? 😁
Gti PP 2016 tornado red Dsg

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10957 on: 09 December 2020, 13:31 »
Lovely job👌  How much is tcr box? Will Ur original 7.5 fit a 7? I don’t think🤔 I want any louder but like the look of bigger pipes on 7.5? 😁

Pretty sure the 7.5 pipes are wider apart so you'd need a different diffuser. CSS is a straight and popular swap.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10958 on: 09 December 2020, 14:10 »

That does sound quite good.

If you just want bigger looking pipes you can get outer sleeves in various styles that’ll give the look you want
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #10959 on: 09 December 2020, 21:55 »

Sounds really good that. Assume yours is a 7.5 230 GTI?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey