Author Topic: The official DEEP BLACK PEARL photo thread  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
Re: The official DEEP BLACK PEARL photo thread
« Reply #20 on: 24 November 2011, 00:16 »
Hi

1) Canon 500D with either a 10-22 or 17-55 lens
3) No polariser but ND grad to stop the sky blowing then tweaked the levels in Lightroom to get the exposure right for screen (on my PC exposure can look spot on but after uploading to Flickr I find the exposure seems to drop a stop or two

2) I've noticed my wiper more since the car was in the garage for the sensor replacement. (Might be my imagination) Ive always noticed it lifts up slightly when I turn the engine off (as all do) but it seems a tad excessive at the moment - will have to keep an eye on it.

I have noticed that my wipers are slightly higher than when new, I think it happened last winter when snow became compacted under them, turned to ice and the wipers could not go down. :sad:

Amanda

i'm not sure whether it's my imagination as the driver side one is sitting fine and when you put it in service mode they are both very close to the A pillar.

I might call into the garage one evening (they are on my way home) and ask them to have a quick look/comparison to the others that they have on the forecourt

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #21 on: 24 November 2011, 09:18 »
Hi

1) Canon 500D with either a 10-22 or 17-55 lens
3) No polariser but ND grad to stop the sky blowing then tweaked the levels in Lightroom to get the exposure right for screen (on my PC exposure can look spot on but after uploading to Flickr I find the exposure seems to drop a stop or two

2) I've noticed my wiper more since the car was in the garage for the sensor replacement. (Might be my imagination) Ive always noticed it lifts up slightly when I turn the engine off (as all do) but it seems a tad excessive at the moment - will have to keep an eye on it.

I have noticed that my wipers are slightly higher than when new, I think it happened last winter when snow became compacted under them, turned to ice and the wipers could not go down. :sad:

Amanda

i'm not sure whether it's my imagination as the driver side one is sitting fine and when you put it in service mode they are both very close to the A pillar.

I might call into the garage one evening (they are on my way home) and ask them to have a quick look/comparison to the others that they have on the forecourt

Adrian

Let me know how you get on please, I might need to get mine realigned if necessary.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 24 November 2011, 11:28 »
 :rolleyes:  :tongue:

It is deep pearl black.  :wink:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 24 November 2011, 13:18 »
That's a Mk8 and must have been sent from THE FUTURE!!!!!

I'll ignore the fact it's a polo, what's it called Hurdy, "Dark Helmet?"
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 24 November 2011, 13:26 »
Show us some pics side on, I fancy some black alloys but wondered if it would be overkill!! must admit yours look lovely.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 24 November 2011, 16:12 »
Show us some pics side on, I fancy some black alloys but wondered if it would be overkill!! must admit yours look lovely.

Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2. VW Racing special order that deletes the "motorsport logo round the rim and also machined inside so that there is no need for a spigot ring against the hub centre.  :cool:  Oh and the alloys are anthracite metallic - much nicer than gloss black IMO and easier to keep looking clean. 
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 24 November 2011, 19:03 »
I think i speak for everyone when I say that looks foooooking awesome!!!  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

very tempting.. .very tempting in deed   :lipsrsealed: :evil:

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 24 November 2011, 22:33 »
Awesome, loving the wheels; in fact I think it may be better looking than the Golf GTI  :drool:

Thanks for the pics enjoy your very sweet car.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #28 on: 25 November 2011, 12:35 »
Wow that's one super sexy polo. Very nice indeed  :cool:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto