Author Topic: The MK6 section  (Read 3921 times)

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
The MK6 section
« on: 15 January 2012, 13:33 »
Alot of the sh!te in there should be in off topic/kept on topic. There are people with 4k+ posts whome I (and im sure like many) have never heard of. The forum 'MKs' sections are, if I have this correct, meant to be creating a database of info for fixing and solving problems that the world can use as a reference. And to continue the success of this site, should we not be striding to create the best databases and easy to source good quality info without sifting through a load of crap to pick out little snippets.

I know this all sounds like a bit of a 'I hate the mk 6 section' but I guess it counts for the MK5 sector too.

Your thoughts?

p.s. Once again I am sorry if this sounds like a haters topic, its just my 2p

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: The MK6 section
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2012, 14:06 »
Whaddya mean you've never heard of us? You spend enough time in there!!
Such as explaining how to park a mk6 when you've obviously never driven one to realise how bad the rear and rear three quarter visibility is. BTW I have neither sensors or RVC.  :tongue:
One of the classic 'off topic' threads was started in there by one of the mods and was joined in by a load of other mods.
Most of us mk6'ers do haunt other parts of the forum, we just don't post in there much as there are a few cliques that have historically had it in for owners of whatever the latest generation of Golf is.
The current thread you have a bee in your bonnet about is actually about the mk6 section in a roundabout way and a mk6 section mod has a starring role in it.

So, in short, we have two mods in that section that do a fine job of keeping the balance.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2012, 14:29 »
Amen.

Generalisation alert.
A lot of the owners of the latest model GTI want to talk about it's features, any dealer issues, how do I do xyz - that kind of thing. As a whole they are not so much into the 'scene' - going to shows, talking nonsense about older model GTI etc. They are also likely to be that bit older, so perhaps less likely to hang out in the more, er, casual parts of the forum.

Over time, said person above could well become much more into the whole thing. As happened with the mk5 previously, the car gets cheaper and more accessible to the more 'enthusiast' market.

It's all a mix of people/personalities isn't it and I don't really see why it's worth focusing so much on it. Enjoy the forum and your car as you see fit. Just have some decent 'forum manners' :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2012, 14:51 »

I will get back to my airfix model then

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2012, 14:56 »
PMSL  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2012, 16:37 »
My question is.....

The maintenance section......

WHY SO MANY STICKIES!!!?? :cry:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #6 on: 18 January 2012, 11:43 »
My question is.....

The maintenance section......

WHY SO MANY STICKIES!!!?? :cry:

Because I aint got around to it....yet  :wink:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=219267.0
« Last Edit: 18 January 2012, 11:54 by The Doc »

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2012, 11:49 »
Alot of the sh!te in there should be in off topic/kept on topic. There are people with 4k+ posts whome I (and im sure like many) have never heard of. The forum 'MKs' sections are, if I have this correct, meant to be creating a database of info for fixing and solving problems that the world can use as a reference. And to continue the success of this site, should we not be striding to create the best databases and easy to source good quality info without sifting through a load of crap to pick out little snippets.

I know this all sounds like a bit of a 'I hate the mk 6 section' but I guess it counts for the MK5 sector too.

Your thoughts?

Would you like to be my MK6 section b1tch? You can do this clicking "report to mod" when you see posts worthy of the name "A lot of the sh!te" and I'll send it packing to off topic

Keeping things "on topic" is much easier these days and I for one am glad not to spend half my working day cleaning up / removing said sh1te and requesting the better side of offenders  :wink:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2012, 17:59 »
I smells a vote coming on

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #9 on: 19 January 2012, 01:18 »

Your thoughts?

Would you like to be my MK6 section b1tch? You can do this clicking "report to mod" when you see posts worthy of the name "A lot of the sh!te" and I'll send it packing to off topic

Keeping things "on topic" is much easier these days and I for one am glad not to spend half my working day cleaning up / removing said sh1te and requesting the better side of offenders  :wink:

I would love to fill this roll but as presviously pointed out... I have airfix to paint  :tongue: