Author Topic: !!! AD's GTI !!! New owner on here??  (Read 59411 times)

Offline 1.8Tgolf_Chris

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 1.8t AUM
Re: !!! AD's GTI !!!
« Reply #90 on: 24 December 2013, 18:01 »
sweet car mate, i got the same problem with the arches, did u just buy replacement wings and have them sprayed ? or repaired it

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 27 December 2013, 23:25 »
I just bought a replacement reflex silver wing that isnt rusting mate need to source a passenger side one now as thats starting to go then im planning on getting the front end resprayed to tidy it up !

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #92 on: 15 February 2014, 17:31 »
Its been along time since I updated this properly mainly because ive had nothing worth shouting about but il include the little things aswell as the more recent bigger things. Enjoy !

Xmas I got the most usefull present ever off my sister and bro in law they bought me the 170 piece halfords professional tool kit which I love ! So I set to it new tool kit in hand I fitted my sai delete plate :D 

Then my job came in handy for once see my pro wiring skills..... lol. Whilst fitting my newly accuired passat switch ! Swapped out the trigger for my diy brushed one of course !

Then came this awesome bit of kit the coming/going light function is so handy when trying to find the front door key hole in the dark lol 

Fits in with the brushed theme nicely but there is one problem with it ... the fogs come on with the dipped and side lights when set to auto and when the coming home function is active the sides and fogs come on anyway to sort it so the fogs dont come on auto ?

Then I fancied a change exterior wise annoyingly im at the point I was 3 years ago except now its all sprayed and fitted ! So starting with the side skirts I removed my votex ones took them down the docks to swap them with wez (wazzer) for his gen annis :D now you would think like I did "what could possibly go wrong" well this did !

Its costed me £120 to get the sill and door shut repaired by a smart repair guy who a mate of mine has used a couple of times top notch work highly recommend! 

So after the paint hardened fully and I had my skirts back from being sprayed I set to fitting them.

Picture from the painter before a flat and polish 

Inbetween taking the skirts off and putting them back on I decided to change the rear up abit and sold my votex rear for a genuine anni rear already in reflex and in mint condition ! 

Bumper off 

Votex ready to go 

Standard on for temporary god I hate that !

Petrol Anni :D 

Well thats a nice hole that needs to be filled ;)

I also stripped out the entire interior as there was a hideous rattle knock so armed with 5m of anti rattle tape I set to work taping anything and everything that looked like a threat. Turned out to be a topmount bolt slightly loose woops :/ but luckily I did strip it all as I found all this ! 

Passenger footwell

Heat gun on full chat drying everything up

Rear

So I dried everything up and fixed the causes now obviously the rear bits were from the vents behind the bumper so I had to take that off for the 3rd time lol and went mad with silicone ! The front leak is from one of 2 things either my shoddy attempt at running an amp cable through the wing :/ or the pollen filter grommet, I removed the amp cable and ran it through the pollen filter grommet with my boost gauge hose and again went mad with silicone.  Touch wood thats sorted it 

Goodbye gasket

Now finally time for this little monster non res GT100 milltek catback ive told myself countless times not to buy a milltek as there over rated and a custom jobby costs half but it looks so good and I couldnt resist, I also partially blame Jason Bs anni as that made me pick up the phone and order it. No pictures of it when it arrived as I was like a kid at xmas and it was on the car with 2 hours or so lol

Had to do this to get on the ramp ....

And heres the finished product excuse the shoddy pictures

A little video for you all 

Well thats all thats been happening with the car over the last few months, my next plans are to get some ecs wheel centering plates so I can drop it abit more and get the wheels refurbed! Hope you enjoyed the read :D

On a side note this was also keeping me occupied when I wasnt playing with the car, my bearded dragons homes needed a revamp as they were looking abit boring compared to there old home so I set out to do this for the second time for them.

Alot of polystyrene and grout 

Tank 1 

Tank 2 

Adrian 

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #93 on: 15 February 2014, 18:51 »
Car is looking very nice mate :afro:

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 15 February 2014, 20:32 »
Cheers mate its never going to feel 'complete' untill its on air though !

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #95 on: 16 February 2014, 09:24 »
Cheers mate its never going to feel 'complete' untill its on air though !

Best thing I've ever done to mine :wink:

Looks great aired out, can drive anywhere without having to worry about speed bumps, you don't get the horrible ride that you do with coilovers yet you can chuck it round corners just as well.

On another note, did you split your DEPO lights and joey mod them?

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #96 on: 16 February 2014, 09:59 »
Exactly the main bonus would be not having to faff about with the bumper to get it on a ramp !!

I did indeed mate the lights you have look awesome on a black golf but on a silver or light coloured one they look pants imo so I went for the chrome ones and anni styled them easy enough to do as the glue isnt that strong on the depos and with abit of satin black they look perfect. Theres some pictures in here somewhere relatively close to this page.

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 22 February 2014, 15:24 »
To cure my knocking I decided to invest in a couple of other bits for the car 1 of which arrived yesterday, my elephant tusk from awesome, number 1 place for all your illegal ivory dealings and all that.

Offered them up to eachother and after a bit of heat and the use of a dolly thing I got them to slide in and out with ease. Long story short the reducer got stuck stuff got bent, then fixed, now its as good as new

all fitted to the car the mid section is as far forward as it can physically go and I can fit my hand inbetween the over axle bit and the axle I cable tied the rubber up aswell which helped alot now everything else was in the right place also the tailpipe now sits perfectly!

with the car back on all 4s im left with a 27mm gap which is plenty. But of course it wasnt going to be as simple as that was it! ive only let it heat up fully and put the car back on my drive but when I reverse with not enough revs up the slight incline on my drive it now touches the god damn chassis !!!! Luckily I can sort that just by dropping the cable ties, ive yet to take it out on a run but fingers crossed also my mpg should be able to get out of the teens now as theres a slight chance I fitted the lambda sensors round the wrong way maybe..... I also chucked the post cat sensor in the box to prevent the EML.

when they get here hopefully monday I will be fitting my ecs centering plates and dropping the car to suit maybe 15/20mm :D

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #98 on: 22 February 2014, 15:30 »
thats looking awesome  :smiley: where did you get the coming/going home light mod from mate  :cool:

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 22 February 2014, 17:07 »
Cheers buddy used to love your silver golf look forward to any upgrades on the new one. Pm baxxy about them I had a look for the mateys email but I cant find it sorry bud