Author Topic: Current value v future value  (Read 4226 times)

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
Current value v future value
« on: 12 November 2018, 17:08 »
I’m toying with the idea of looking for a new car, I need something bigger than my current GTD, would like a current shape R Line Tiguan but they are more than I want to spend so have been looking at a Touareg, I enquired about one that’s at a VW dealer up north, when I done the online enquiry auto trader valued my car at £15,030 for trade in, my settlement figure is £15,205, are autotrader figures accurate or can I look for more?? The dealer already asked what I thought of the online trade in price & ive told them it’s a bit low, the same dealer I’m talking to has a few GTDs in stock for £19,000, these are also standard spec cars while mine is quite well spec’d. I’d need to put a £2,400 deposit down which I’m trying to reduce if possible by getting more for my trade in.

Also what I’d like to know is if I keep the GTD for the full 48 month term, currently at month 33, am I likely to see any equity left at the end??

The Touareg R Line is up for £24,500, is a 2016 car with 29000 on the clock, anyone got anything positive or negative to say about the Touareg?
« Last Edit: 12 November 2018, 17:19 by vw spur »
Collected 09/04/16 : Golf GTD Carbon Grey Sport & Sound Pack DSG Pro Nav Dynaudio Rear Camera High Beam Assist 90% Tints

Still pining for:2009 BMW 330i M Sport Convertible

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Current value v future value
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2018, 17:40 »
I'd ask your dealer for a trade in value on your car.

Trade in is different to a autotrader cash sale price.... the dealer might give you more or less and might also knock more off of the Tiggy....

That's the deal you want, the only way to find out what it looks like is to ask! Tell them what you want the trade in to look like...

As for future equity, it will be different but that won't help you

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2018, 18:14 »
Touareg's are nice, though when we did a back to back test drive of a Touareg and an A6 Allroad five years ago we opted for the latter on the basis that for 95% or more of the time it would be the better car for us (air suspension is standard amongst other things) and fuel consumption is notably better.

For the other 5% of the time the Touareg's greater ground clearance / towing capacity might have been of use. In truth though, we've never regretted going for the A6.
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2018, 08:13 »
An Amarok with a hardtop is every car anyone would ever need. Plus, being a commercial, it's unlikely to get hammered by any possible future diesel hating tax. Forget SUVs and get yourself a truck.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2018, 09:27 »
An Amarok with a hardtop is every car anyone would ever need. Plus, being a commercial, it's unlikely to get hammered by any possible future diesel hating tax. Forget SUVs and get yourself a truck.

All diesels, commercial included, will get hammered. They are already with the low emission zone in London and it will get worse. Buses too. Now there is talk of how to reduce pollution from brake dust and tyres.....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2018, 17:56 »
I’ve had to postpone the idea of changing at the moment, a couple of cars I enquired about were giving me a break even trade in price for my GTD, I feel it’s a bit low, especially when the dealers are selling same cars for £19k with a basic spec, Ive left a message with a dealer that if he’ll give me 16k for mine then we can do a deal, so far he’s not budging on trade in price or the screen price for the Touareg, I’m in no rush so we’ll see if he budges towards the end of the quarter
Collected 09/04/16 : Golf GTD Carbon Grey Sport & Sound Pack DSG Pro Nav Dynaudio Rear Camera High Beam Assist 90% Tints

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2018, 18:51 »
what year etc is your gtd? wbac offered me 15.5k for mine

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2018, 22:19 »
To get a fair price on your car without affecting your ability to get a good deal on the replacement (dealer robbing Peter to pay Paul), see what they have in stock around the same age and mileage- leather worth £300 more than cloth, DSG worth £500 more than manual at around 3 years old - not much more for other options except Peers on an R or a sunroof). See the sticker price and expect 85% of that sticker price. Any more mark-up than that on your part-ex and the dealer is being greedy.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 01 December 2018, 05:49 »
My GTD is a 2016 16 reg, with 30k miles, just been serviced at vw & has 4 new tyres, I’ll give wbac a go & see what they come up with.

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 01 December 2018, 05:54 »
@monkeyhanger, that’s what I’ve done, I’ve looked at their stock cars & see they have standard colour & spec cars of same age & simulate miles for £19k, so offering me £15 for trade in is a bit low imo, my car has a 4th year added on the manufacturers warranty also, I’m not expecting over the top because mine is a decent spec compared to what they have in stock but I feel mine would be easier for them to sell at a price which they are looking to sell a standard spec car, if they don’t want to budge there’s not much I can do but I’m in no rush.