Author Topic: WLTP Certificate for GTI 245  (Read 6832 times)

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
Re: WLTP Certificate for GTI 245
« Reply #10 on: 05 November 2018, 11:15 »
As a matter of!interest, are the R and GTD already WLTP certified or are they in the same situation?
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 05 November 2018, 11:32 »
As a matter of!interest, are the R and GTD already WLTP certified or are they in the same situation?

They’ve been removed from the configurator and the following is at an ‘information’ link on the first screen within the configurator;

Some of our cars are still being tested under new industry wide standards for fuel consumption and emissions (WLTP type approval). This means you may not be able to find all engines you would expect to see for the Golf. If you’d like more details on forthcoming models take a look at our pricelist or contact your local retailer.

In the latest version of the price list (dated 25/10/2018), the models that have been WLTP type approved have a ‘yes’ in the ‘WLTP type approved’ column on pages 8-12. The GTI, R, GTD (and all other 2.0 litre Diesel engines Golf model) and GTE have a ‘dash’ in the ‘WLTP type approved’ column, so that strongly suggests they’ve not been granted WLTP type approval yet. The Polo GTI and GTI+ models that also use a detuned version the 2.0 litre EA888 engine haven’t been WLTP type approved, nor have Polo models with the 1.6 litre Diesel engine or the lower power output (65 and 80 ps) versions of 1.0 litre 3 cyclinder engine. 
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 05 November 2018, 12:17 »
Just had a return phone call from VWUK stating that the EARLIEST my dealer will have the car is the Christmas week and the earliest it will be in my possession is 1st week in January. So an extra 8 weeks from what I was advised.

Basically will have waited 6 months for a new car. Is any car worth waiting that long? Does anyone know what the process is for cancelling an order on a car that has been built, will i lose my deposit?
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 05 November 2018, 12:44 »
I think you can cancel by just not taking the car but you lose your deposit. Maybe others have actual experience of this?

Separately, I am shocked at the number of models and VAG makes affected. Presumably Europe- wide??

Must be having a massively bad effect on VAG plus all their dealers for each badge.

Am I exaggerating how damaging this is?
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 05 November 2018, 13:55 »
I think you can cancel by just not taking the car but you lose your deposit. Maybe others have actual experience of this?

Separately, I am shocked at the number of models and VAG makes affected. Presumably Europe- wide??

Must be having a massively bad effect on VAG plus all their dealers for each badge.

Am I exaggerating how damaging this is?

Its not just VAG though.  At the time of ordering a GTI PP in July, i was tempted to buy the Honda Civic and was told the top end Civics / Type R were on at least 24 weeks delivery.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 05 November 2018, 14:07 »
Damaging to the brand? It should be, but many other marques are in the same situation for the bigger engines.

I'm pretty sure all 2.0TSI engines currently don't have WLTP compliance verified, but are expected to pass, so some models are being built at risk and transported then held until the certification is confirmed. This includes the Polo GTI which is due to start production again about now - but that model comes with a 5 week wait after production when it is shipped all the way from South Africa (but does help the paint cure!).

I'd approach your dealer if you want to cancel. If build wait is forecast but not yet locked in, they can cancel without penalty and give you your deposit back. I would ask on the basis of the longer than anticipated wait.

All this WLTP sh!te because of dieselgate and the US litigation, yet the Yanks aren't adopting WLTP becsuse they won't give up their V8s while petrol is $3 a gallon.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 05 November 2018, 14:28 »
Could you not tell them, you.ll have the car but on March lst if it arrives in January?
Audi 2017 S4 Saloon. VW 2018 T Roc  soon to go

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 05 November 2018, 23:23 »
I'm pretty sure all 2.0TSI engines currently don't have WLTP compliance verified, but are expected to pass

There’s a few VAG Group 2.0 TSI engines that are WLTP certified from what I can see in the list on the below link. The Cupra Ateca 300hp, Seat Leon 190hp, 190 / 240hp Octavias and 280 Arteon

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/default.aspx
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 06 November 2018, 08:07 »
I'm pretty sure all 2.0TSI engines currently don't have WLTP compliance verified, but are expected to pass

There’s a few VAG Group 2.0 TSI engines that are WLTP certified from what I can see in the list on the below link. The Cupra Ateca 300hp, Seat Leon 190hp, 190 / 240hp Octavias and 280 Arteon

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/default.aspx

As I understand it, the impact of optional equipment on emissions and mpg have to be tested under WLTP - assume this is only applies to options that could affect a vehicle’s weight, and therefore have an impact on emissions and mpg; e.g. optional larger alloys, panoramic sunroof.

This is an added factor that affects VW that doesn’t apply to Seat (not sure about Skoda), because from model year 2019 with Seat, customers can no longer personalise their car’s spec by selecting individual options like they can with VW; each Seat model has a standard spec and the only thing the customer can choose is the paint colour.

So with a single standard spec for each trim level / engine combination, WLTP should be a quicker process for Seat, and could explain why some of the 2.0 EA888 engined Seats have been WLTP type approved, whereas for VW with multiple possible spec combinations to be tested when extra cost options are factored in, the process is taking much longer.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #19 on: 06 November 2018, 09:48 »
All this WLTP sh!te because of dieselgate and the US litigation

Not true actually, WLTP started in at least June 2008 (http://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29/wp29wgs/wp29grpe/wltp01.html).... dieselgate was 2015.

And its run by the United Nations Economic Commission...

There are some interesting factoids in this if you are interested about worldwide vehicle pollution and future targets and strategies, including the challenges faced by different car makers (including VW):

http://www2.paconsulting.com/rs/526-HZE-833/images/PA%20CO2%20Emissions%20Report%202017.pdf

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC