Author Topic: New car order delays  (Read 52367 times)

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
Re: New car order delays
« Reply #70 on: 16 November 2018, 16:06 »
No news yet again. No updates till next Thursday. What a farce.

New GTI PP.  First week January 2019 the very earliest.  I have given up the chase now with VW customer care department.

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #71 on: 16 November 2018, 18:48 »
Who told you Jan m8?
Audi 2017 S4 Saloon. VW 2018 T Roc  soon to go

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #72 on: 18 November 2018, 17:02 »
I was also told best case scenario was first week in Jan by VW UK Customer Services about 2 weeks ago
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline theduffers

• Just got here
« Reply #73 on: 19 November 2018, 17:30 »
Hi Folks,

Just reading this thread.  My Build date was confirmed as 12/11/2018... No Change on the App all week to be told that the build week is a 2 week period... (according to chat rep) dealer has build week at W/C 5th,  App shows beginning of the second week of the 2 week period)

So today (19th November) I deleted the car from My VW on the web, re-added it and it now states 'Build in Progress' which would indicate (as mentioned earlier in this thread) that the app gets stuck..  Dealer and chat state it is built.. no one has a clue (or will reveal) when WLTP will be complete. 

I Originally ordered a GTD DSG mid May 2018, loads of options and dealer provisional date kept moving and ended up as Feb 2019.  I asked if petrols were coming through any quicker and he seemed to indicated that (and to be fair they probably are) so I ordered the GTI Performance with most options (excl Leather) on 21st September.

It's more the lack of information that gets me.  If they told me that WLTP was scheduled for date X then I can set my expectations.  I guess if VW save a date then maybe we wouldn't be happy with then and then all of a sudden there are loads of cancelled orders.

I hope its worth the wait  :grin:

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #74 on: 19 November 2018, 18:03 »
Hi Folks,

Just reading this thread.  My Build date was confirmed as 12/11/2018... No Change on the App all week to be told that the build week is a 2 week period... (according to chat rep) dealer has build week at W/C 5th,  App shows beginning of the second week of the 2 week period)

So today (19th November) I deleted the car from My VW on the web, re-added it and it now states 'Build in Progress' which would indicate (as mentioned earlier in this thread) that the app gets stuck..  Dealer and chat state it is built.. no one has a clue (or will reveal) when WLTP will be complete. 

I Originally ordered a GTD DSG mid May 2018, loads of options and dealer provisional date kept moving and ended up as Feb 2019.  I asked if petrols were coming through any quicker and he seemed to indicated that (and to be fair they probably are) so I ordered the GTI Performance with most options (excl Leather) on 21st September.

It's more the lack of information that gets me.  If they told me that WLTP was scheduled for date X then I can set my expectations.  I guess if VW save a date then maybe we wouldn't be happy with then and then all of a sudden there are loads of cancelled orders.

I understand your frustration; but it WILL be worth the wait. 6 months / 9000miles into my GTI PP ownership, and it's proving to be an exceptionally good car in every respect. The more time I spend with it; the more I realise that.  :smiley:
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #75 on: 19 November 2018, 21:25 »
Hi Folks,

I understand your frustration; but it WILL be worth the wait. 6 months / 9000miles into my GTI PP ownership, and it's proving to be an exceptionally good car in every respect. The more time I spend with it; the more I realise that.  :smiley:

Agreed, worth the wait. Although I didn't have to wait!  :grin:

Ps it's just a P now - It's called the GTI Performance  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Vortex

• Just got here
« Reply #76 on: 19 November 2018, 21:27 »
Hi Folks,

I’m in the exact same position and took your advice and deleted my car from the app. The confusing thing is that when I added it again, not only did the app update to build in progress, the web page also updated to build in progress. I would have thought the two were independent of each other!

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #77 on: 20 November 2018, 09:20 »
I've found the best way is to use the web page tracker but make sure you're not logged in. For some reason the app gets stuck. I've been on build in progress for the past 4 weeks though :sad:
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #78 on: 20 November 2018, 11:13 »
Vw customer services just rang before,informing me my car is being released 5th Dec, to be delivered Jan to dealer. Totally fed up with being fobbed off.Dealer is ringing me Thursfay with an update. Should be interesting
Audi 2017 S4 Saloon. VW 2018 T Roc  soon to go

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #79 on: 20 November 2018, 12:21 »
Vw customer services just rang before,informing me my car is being released 5th Dec, to be delivered Jan to dealer. Totally fed up with being fobbed off.Dealer is ringing me Thursfay with an update. Should be interesting

Deano, please keep us updated, both neepy and I are both in the same predicament.