Author Topic: 2018 GTI PP Won't DSG Fart  (Read 20704 times)

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
Re: 2018 GTI PP Won't DSG Fart
« Reply #20 on: 29 March 2018, 22:51 »
we thought it was due to gearbox but sadly neither of the new GTI's did it performance or non performance. Seems VW has just got rid of it.
Sales Manager - Inchcape Volkswagen Swindon

VW Golf GTI Clubsport S - GO15 CSS

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 29 March 2018, 22:58 »
we thought it was due to gearbox but sadly neither of the new GTI's did it performance or non performance. Seems VW has just got rid of it.

Do you think my 17 DSG farter will be updated to no farts come service time?

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 29 March 2018, 23:00 »

no it only seems to affect new ones
Sales Manager - Inchcape Volkswagen Swindon

VW Golf GTI Clubsport S - GO15 CSS

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 29 March 2018, 23:06 »

This is interesting as when I test drove a 7.5 with PP and DSG7  when the facelift first launched it did DSG fart on the test drive. Wonder when the switch over
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 30 March 2018, 06:53 »
It’s Fartgate lol !! grin: :grin: :grin:

I want my fart back !!
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 30 March 2018, 07:07 »
I have a late 2017 GTI standard and think it farts but tell me what exactly I should be listening for. When I put my car in Sport and give it some revs it does give a puff between gears. Is that what I am expecting or something louder.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 30 March 2018, 09:24 »
I have a late 2017 GTI standard and think it farts but tell me what exactly I should be listening for. When I put my car in Sport and give it some revs it does give a puff between gears. Is that what I am expecting or something louder.

It should sound like this:

https://youtu.be/OTfAimiiEYM

Watch until end and you’ll hear the farts clearly.

Offline oscar_86

• Just got here
« Reply #27 on: 30 March 2018, 12:02 »

Hello good morning!
So, if it only affects new models with DSG7 gearbox, is the golf R model not affected? Because watching videos of the new Golf R the farts it releases through the exhaust are very strong.  regards!

Offline oscar_86

• Just got here
« Reply #28 on: 30 March 2018, 12:10 »
I have talk to one of the best tuners in Sweden, that have made new software to the 7,5 PP  and the DQ381 DSG.  :smiley:

And it is NOTHING to do with the new DQ381!

Is is all in the software to the Engine!

VW have big problem with warrenty on Catalyst that the DSG farts cause  :sad:. So they have talken away the "farts" on the PP to Save the 2 Catalyst that is standard on the PP nowdays...  :huh:
Hello Wide!
I just hope that through software they can offer us the opportunity to hear those farts again....because this week they give me the GTI7.5 PP and this news has disappointed me a little...
The last point you made I don't understand, you mean, VW has problems with farts in the GTI and that with this catalyst in the PP they fix it? Regards!!

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 30 March 2018, 15:11 »

Hello good morning!
So, if it only affects new models with DSG7 gearbox, is the golf R model not affected? Because watching videos of the new Golf R the farts it releases through the exhaust are very strong.  regards!

Correct 7.5 Golf R with 7DSG STILL makes DSG farts
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack