Author Topic: 2018 GTI PP Won't DSG Fart  (Read 20680 times)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Re: 2018 GTI PP Won't DSG Fart
« Reply #10 on: 25 March 2018, 11:35 »
Looking online at other owner reviews, looks like Im not alone. New DSG7/ software for the GTI looks like the cause.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline oscar_86

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 29 March 2018, 07:46 »
Hello clarky92,

On this subject, do you know anything about the respect of what might be the reason why these DSG FARts are not produced?

This week I'm going to receive a Golf 7.5 Performance and it has left me worried, as I assumed that it was obvious that this model also made them.
It seems that a user has reported the same problem and attached a screenshot showing that the Golf R has exactly the same gearbox (DSG7) but different software...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZE7MgscBfM

If that is the case, does anyone know if the software can be updated or if the VAG brand itself could call for a revision to update the software?

Thank you very much and greetings from Spain

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 29 March 2018, 11:53 »
Hello clarky92,

On this subject, do you know anything about the respect of what might be the reason why these DSG FARts are not produced?

This week I'm going to receive a Golf 7.5 Performance and it has left me worried, as I assumed that it was obvious that this model also made them.
It seems that a user has reported the same problem and attached a screenshot showing that the Golf R has exactly the same gearbox (DSG7) but different software...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZE7MgscBfM

If that is the case, does anyone know if the software can be updated or if the VAG brand itself could call for a revision to update the software?

Thank you very much and greetings from Spain

The GTI 7.5 PP has different dsg software to a non PP 7.5

Only way to get the dsg farts back are aftermarket dsg tune

Only think I dont like about my 7.5 PP - the dsg farts were awesome on my old gti
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 29 March 2018, 13:19 »
I have talk to one of the best tuners in Sweden, that have made new software to the 7,5 PP  and the DQ381 DSG.  :smiley:

And it is NOTHING to do with the new DQ381!

Is is all in the software to the Engine!

VW have big problem with warrenty on Catalyst that the DSG farts cause  :sad:. So they have talken away the "farts" on the PP to Save the 2 Catalyst that is standard on the PP nowdays...  :huh:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #14 on: 29 March 2018, 13:25 »
That change to no fart has coincided with the introduction with the new 7 speed DSG box....
Cars with the old 6 speed should do it, new 7 speed highly likely won't.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline st332

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 29 March 2018, 14:36 »
I test drove a mk 7 PP DSG "extensively" and it did make DSG farts alright.
I've got a new mk 7.5 PP DSG with about 6000 km on the clock now and it definitely doesn't make the same pops.
On the other hand, I think there is more noise in general out of the larger mk 7.5 pipes.
Collected 20/09/17: Mk 7.5 GTI PP DSG 5dr Irish Spec
Extras: Dark Iron Blue Metallic, DCC, Alarm, Keyless, Park Assist, DAB Radio, Innovation Pack (Discover Media, High Beam Light Assist, Rear View Camera, Winter Pack)

Offline Gaz W

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 29 March 2018, 21:28 »
My understanding of the reason behind this relates to differences in the exhaust system, and likely engine software to improve fuel consumption and CO2 emissions etc.

It doesn't have anything to do with DSG gearbox and/or software.

The exhaust system (predominantly the catalytic converters) are newly designed and much more restrictive on the 7.5 Performance/Non-Performance. There are no differences in the exhaust system from 7.5 Performance/Non-Performance they are identical (same assembly, part numbers etc).
« Last Edit: 29 March 2018, 21:30 by Gaz W »
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, DSG, Indium Grey, DCC, 19" Brescia Alloys, Dynaudio, Jacara Cloth Interior

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 29 March 2018, 21:43 »
My understanding of the reason behind this relates to differences in the exhaust system, and likely engine software to improve fuel consumption and CO2 emissions etc.

The exhaust system (predominantly the catalytic converters) are newly designed and much more restrictive on the 7.5 Performance/Non-Performance. There are no differences in the exhaust system from 7.5 Performance/Non-Performance they are identical (same assembly, part numbers etc).

This is some great information, are you 100% sure that they are the same exhausts? I wonder why the Performance sounds a more throaty that the normal one.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 29 March 2018, 22:14 »

I will 100% confirm that there is a difference somewhere there must be.

My 7.5 with NO PP and 6DSG made very loud DSG farts from new .

My 7.5 WITH PP and 7DSG makes no DSG farts what so ever.

Offline Gaz W

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 29 March 2018, 22:35 »

I will 100% confirm that there is a difference somewhere there must be.

My 7.5 with NO PP and 6DSG made very loud DSG farts from new .

My 7.5 WITH PP and 7DSG makes no DSG farts what so ever.

I'm sure, I checked because I noticed my 2018 7.5 Performance didn't sound anything like a 7 Performance so I was intrigued.

Part numbers and assembly are identical, the only difference I guess is engine ECU software owing to power difference (again other than gearbox, there are no physical differences between a standard and Performance model engine.

The standard/performance models run different engine codes but as far as I know there are no significant or any hardware differences it is purely software. The engine codes used in the non performance 7.5 are an older variant e.g. CHHA than the newer variant DLBA etc in 7.5 PP so may be subtle differences there.

MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, DSG, Indium Grey, DCC, 19" Brescia Alloys, Dynaudio, Jacara Cloth Interior