Author Topic: "Loosening up" low-miler  (Read 2986 times)

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
"Loosening up" low-miler
« on: 23 September 2003, 17:20 »
Hey guys, new to the GTi scene, picked up a '99 1.8T 2 days ago and chuffed to bits with it. It's only done 55k (at about 40mph by the looks of it) and reading other posts tells me it should have a bit of loosening up to do. Obviously i don't want to knacker the motor so should I drive it like a vicar until I've clocked up a few more miles ?

P.S I'm only 22 and directline gave me the best insurance quote, 50 quid cheaper than even tesco!
« Last Edit: 23 September 2003, 17:25 by tophuh »

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
Re:"Loosening up" low-miler
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2003, 15:49 »
Stick some Mobil one in it and introduce Mr needle to Mr red line on a regular basis - that'll soon loosen it up!

Seriously, just make sure you do have quality oil in it, and you let it warm up properly before you give it maximum booty  ;)

You should be fine.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2003, 20:23 »
Cheers mate, and thank feck for that! There's no way I could resist red-lining it, especially when a Nova with plastic bits stuck all over it pulls up along side me. ;D

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2003, 07:30 »
There's no way I could resist red-lining it, especially when a Nova with plastic bits stuck all over it pulls up along side me. ;D

LOL!!! The thing that makes me laugh is these boys stick all this sh*t to their cars, weighing it down and increasing drag and then they fit a Jamex panel filter and a cherry bomb exhaust and think they're gonna set a new land speed record!

I take almost as pleasure in blowing these boys away as I do the executive boys in their S class Merc's and 7 series bimmers  ;D

Offline Nimrod

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2003, 12:31 »
go to www.barryboys.co.uk if you haven't seen it before.  A very funny website dedicated to riping the p*ss out of youths 'modding' their mums 1.0 corsa!

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2003, 13:55 »
Now that is v v funny  ;D

golfvr6

« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2003, 21:18 »
I think they look great  :o