Author Topic: Mk2 Atlas Grey 3dr Gti now with 20vt!  (Read 31937 times)

Offline Dave-iow

• Here all the time
Well after a few weeks at work and now having a fresh MOT it was time she came home for a while.

Sat at home:

Old rear badge and New rear badge at last

old:

New:

Ive satrted a list ready for the 1.8T conversion and as soon as the car arrives at work as a px I will start buying bits ready. Also reall hope to have some spare cash to sort some wheels out :(

Offline Dave-iow

• Here all the time
Engine mounts arrived today along with new rad. Also the stubby master cyclinder but i was sent a 2 port rather than the 4 port i ordered :(

Offline Dave-iow

• Here all the time
Well some more news car is going for a few bits of paint on friday and once ive got the engine in etc and as I want it I hope to have the bay smoothed early next year.

Few more bits arrived master cylinder and oil pressure T-peice

Offline Dave-iow

• Here all the time
Today a few more bits arrived:

9" 16V powder coated servo and a nearly new Geen cotton filter:

Also new seat toledo clutch cable tp enable the hydro to manual conversion:

And the old girl went to the paint shop today as well. I have asked one of teh painters to send me pics as they do stuff but I wont hold my breath!! :

Offline Dave-iow

• Here all the time
So today the doner car arrived:

Hope to have the engine etc out mabey this weekend. But the MK2 is going to be at teh body shop for atleast another 2 weeks as they havnt started on her yet :(

Offline Dave-iow

• Here all the time
Just to keep the thread alive intercooler cleaned at lunch today. Hope to have the 1.8T out this weekend and the ecu sent away for a map and immo remove soon.

Offline Dave-iow

• Here all the time
well dragged the MK4 into the workshop today to drop the engine and everythin I need to swap into the mk2.

Part way through:

Somthings missing here:

Engine out:

Hope to have the MK2 back soon so I can drop the 8v lump ouit and get that sold on and get the 1.8t sitting in the bay

Offline Dave-iow

• Here all the time
Some more parts arrievd:

Offline Dave-iow

• Here all the time
Things are still going in the right direction. I took a trip to the bodyshop today as they had final started my car yesterday, progress so far:

Rear arch and around teh filler cap needed some love:

Scuttle tray had a small spot of the dreaded

Rear shot:

And along the side:

Also Qpeng downpipe has arrived, Ive also sorted a g60 flywheel and sachs clutch. Hope to get some prep done on the engine over the weekend and may even have the car back by the end of next week!

Offline Dave-iow

• Here all the time
Quick one of the downpipe I manged to get cheap cheap