Author Topic: Car chipped, now I want to get rid of the dump valve?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline jaygolfgti

• Not said much yet
OK, so I have some kind of dump vale that was put on my Deamon Tweeks. But I now want to have one that doesn't make a noise since I've had my car chipped, I don't see the need for it. But, according to Tweeks, I need a part from my default vale, and I don't know where I put it. He mentioned that there was a bit of oil and that I might want to upgrade it and something about a diaphragm?? I have no idea about any of it sadly  :cry: I thought the dump vale was located under the car  :undecided:
The chip I had was bluethin, it's added 40bhp.
He wrote down what I would need: Dumpvale / recircvale Diaphragm + seals. So, what do I need?

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
Re: Car chipped, now I want to get rid of the dump valve?
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2016, 08:24 »
You just need a new dump valve, depending on the car I'd stick with a Forge one because they can handle the extra pressure from the map and you can service them
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2016, 17:21 »
If you have a loud dump valve it is probably an atmospheric valve which broadcast the sound for everyone to hear whereas the recirculation type does the same thing but fents the compressed air back into inlet for the engine so the sound is much less noticeable as it has to get out of the intake/airbox system before you can hear it. The diaphragm is just the way the standard one works the piston type made by forge can cope with a lot more pressure.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2016, 23:51 »
Unless you are going over 300 bhp just stick a standard dv they work fine  :smiley: