Author Topic: Project caddy  (Read 17467 times)

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Re: Project caddy
« Reply #20 on: 21 May 2011, 19:38 »
Cheers chuff  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #21 on: 21 May 2011, 20:21 »
Looks better lowered plus love the plate  :smiley:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2011, 00:44 »
Im liking the improvements mate.

Is the rear sitting lower than the front though, can the rear come up a touch seeing as you've had to raise the front already? maybe it'll look more level once you get a deeper splitter on the front.
If it was mine id opt for cleaning the rear doors up a bit, debadging, destickering,  dewipering and colour coding the handle.

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2011, 11:44 »
It was a lot lower than that tbh but when I was away my dad took it to have the wheel alignment done and he smashed the sump which scared the sh*t out of him  :grin: so had the new sump fitted and as my dad uses it raised it but when you see it in the flesh it does look level maybe its the pic or you could be right needs lowering again up front but as I said I have to keep it practical for when my dad uses it.If I was using it daily and just me I would slam it  :grin: but cant really as he will get stressed out thinking he is gonna smash the sump again.I was thinking of doing the badges black tbh and the wiper works so maybe a nicer rear arm and blade.Im after the metal bits that fit inside the glass and I will remove the dealer stickers when I get chance thanks again for the comments  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2011, 10:05 »
looking good, massive improvement actually.

it looks really clean too. i have just started to de rust mine and it looks a total shed now.

keep up the good work.

have you considered a decat? we did ours the other day and there is a certain point in the revs where it sounds amazing!