Author Topic: What products have worked best for you?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline yickergti

• GTI forum regular
What products have worked best for you?
« on: 20 January 2012, 19:21 »
Hi all,recently purchased a jazz blue bora tdi but its full of swirls/light scratches  :cry:

I have had a quick clay of the front wings/bonnet and gone over them once with the da and some menz polish and although it took out the "spiders web" swirls the deeper 1`s are still there.

Will be going over its again when the rain stops but just wondering what people have had best results with on there vag paints?

Cheers  :grin:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: What products have worked best for you?
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2012, 22:56 »
with regards to swirl and RDS removal or just everyday detailing?

3M pads and polishes I find to be very consistent for correction

as for results from other products... there are some very good products out there...

jetseal 109
swissvax mirage
autosmart WAX
Car Pro Iron X

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2012, 16:22 »
For starters vag paint is hard generally and trying to correct it with a DA will be a bit of a mission though I've heard good things about the new megs mf pad system from some fello pro's that have been testing it out for the first time recently,

As guy has said the 3M pads are great for correction but this using a rotory, you will get results using them on a DA but nothing compared with rotory use,

Have you had a pro check out the depths of your scratches and have you had readings done?

Another good suggestion from guy is the ironX....great product and perfect for using before you clay.

I'm currently using G techiq c2 on my Audi barge and it has impressed me so far.
Will be exploring Nanolex this year.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2012, 22:02 »
As above I've found VAG paint to be quite hard and you may need a few passes with a DA to get good results

I used a rotary with Menzerna IP on a Megs pad for this Polo to good effect, but have had similar results with a DA (just took longer :angry:)

« Last Edit: 24 January 2012, 22:05 by JonnyG »
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007