Author Topic: Pretoria/Brescia/Build week...  (Read 4341 times)

Offline gadgeygoo

• Just got here
Pretoria/Brescia/Build week...
« on: 17 May 2019, 05:31 »
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm new to the site and couldn't find it anywhere..

My dealer has told me I should expect to pick up my GTI P in July/Aug - Deep black Pearl, DSG, Brescia - but having added the car to the VW app, it's been in 'with the factory' for a good three weeks now. The dealership said they expect it around July/Aug, but sooner if anything. Does anybody have any idea how long I should be waiting until I receive a build-week?

Also, I've been browsing the forum and came across the 'Pretoria' alloys which I think look mint. Does anybody have any pictures of the Pretoria's (in either black or silver) on a Black GTI?

Cheers!

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Pretoria/Brescia/Build week...
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2019, 07:47 »
You might want to ask your retailer what is the schedules build week and also how the summer factory shut down might affect your order......

Exonian may have a picture because I know he has swapped alloys around more times than I have had hot dinners.

GTI clubsport S all have Pretoria’s gutted so worth a google image search golf Golf GTI Clubsport S
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2019, 09:16 »
Doesn't VW production planning only work with a 4 week horizon?

ie it won't be scheduled for build until 4 weeks before its actually built?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2019, 10:32 »

Also, I've been browsing the forum and came across the 'Pretoria' alloys which I think look mint. Does anybody have any pictures of the Pretoria's (in either black or silver) on a Black GTI?

Cheers!

@gadgeygoo; Not a GTI but here’s a black R with black Pretoria’s fitted;

https://www.independent.ie/life/motoring/car-reviews/licence-to-thrill-volkswagens-golf-r-is-a-very-grownup-hot-hatch-35642001.html

If you do a Google search - ‘black golf GTI with Pretoria alloys’ - you’ll find quite a few with silver alloys fitted.

Be aware that to buy genuine OEM VW 19” Pretoria alloys, they’re very expensive;

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/wheels-golf7-volkswagen-5-spoke-r-light-alloy-wheel-set-pretoria-19-inch-vw-golf-7.htm

Some owners have also found they’re quite susceptible to damage if you’re unfortunate enough to hit a pothole.

There is an 18” version, available in either silver or black. The 18” version is quite a bit cheaper than the 19” version, but I think the 18’s are heavier. Part no’s;
Silver; 5G0071498A88Z
Black; 5G0071498AAX1
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2019, 11:26 »
You can get 19" genuine Prets in silver or gloss black with PS4S on eBay for around £2500.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-OEM-VW-Golf-R-Pretoria-19-Alloy-Wheels-Mk7-Mk7-5-GTi-GTD-Caddy-PS4/163677718524?hash=item261bf3c7fc:g:5AIAAOSwXwxcz0A4&frcectupt=true

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-OEM-VW-Golf-R-Pretoria-19-Alloy-Wheels-Mk7-Mk7-5-GTi-GTD-Caddy-PS4/163614084407?hash=item261828cd37:g:MgcAAOSwmvtcl~Ze&frcectupt=true

They do look good and decent tyres too, but the ads say that both sets have been refurbished. Before considering spending that much money on a set of used wheels, I’d want to know whether the refurbishment was purely for cosmetic reasons or if they’d suffered any more serious damage such as buckling or cracking as a result of hitting a pothole or other road damage / hazard.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2019, 11:29 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2019, 13:55 »
The factory is shut from week 28-31

So that's basically for the whole of July.

To get the car in July / August it needs to be built in the next 6 weeks other its most certainly not going to get there till at least September.

Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2019, 15:57 »

Exonian may have a picture because I know he has swapped alloys around more times than I have had hot dinners.

GTI clubsport S all have Pretoria’s gutted so worth a google image search golf Golf GTI Clubsport S

I’ve mended my ways!

I’ve been fully settled with both car and wheels for two years plus now and no plans to change! (Famous last words  :grin: )

Volkswizard has plenty of YouTube vids of his black Clubsport S with Pretoria wheels OP.
With a black car you lose a lot of the black detailing so the CSS and 7.5 GTI won’t look massively different.
Booth11 has a black Golf R with Pretorias which is probably one of the best presented and most photographed cars on here so will be easy to find shots from loads of angles looking its radiant best with a quick search on here.

As above, genuine Pretorias buckle and crack very easily due to the thin spokes and lightweight production methods. There are well rated replicas supplied by CM wheels that won’t be any worse for getting damaged and will be significantly cheaper to replace if the worst does happen.
Personally I’d stick with Brescias on a GTI as they’re a cheap and good looking upgrade or go aftermarket.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gadgeygoo

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2019, 08:35 »
Thanks everyone! Think I’ll stick with my Brescia’s after that. I also messaged my dealer re: build week, and he’s just said I won’t get a build week until 4-6wks before it’s built, and to just keep an eye on it  :undecided: ..

Two Qs on the wing mirrors; as standard are they electric/foldaway? And are they gliding indicators or just flashing? I’ve seen a couple guys on here with retrofitted gliding ones but didn’t know if they were standard on later 7.5 P’s? 

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2019, 08:54 »
Door mirrors fold as standard, but do not sweep. There are a choice of aftermarket options to do this, the usual, expensive, OEM option, or the Ebay Chinese copy, for somewhat less.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.