Author Topic: Perfect CS40...  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Perfect CS40...
« Reply #10 on: 11 May 2019, 18:49 »
The lines of the 5 door are much nicer than the 3 door. It shouldn't even be a debate  :whistle: :wink:

:tongue: (That's about as adult as I can get in any debate).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2019, 21:36 »
The lines of the 5 door are much nicer than the 3 door. It shouldn't even be a debate  :whistle: :wink:

I don’t believe this statement has ever been true. On any car. Ever.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Lump

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2019, 05:29 »

My kids must suffer the indignation of climbing (very carefully) through to the back. Two door appreciation club member here too!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2019, 08:46 »

apart from the mk7 golf  :grin: :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2019, 09:13 »
I am of a certain age where I was brought up on 3 door hot hatches.  There was no such thing as a 5 door hot hatch back in the day, so I am firmly in the 3 door camp.  I just can't see 5 doors as a sporty profile.  Same as these new fangled taxi engined GTD stylee "hot hatches".  Again, back in the day there was no such thing as a hot taxi engined car.  Dinosaur, I am. :smiley:

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 12 May 2019, 10:06 »
I am of a certain age where I was brought up on 3 door hot hatches.  There was no such thing as a 5 door hot hatch back in the day, so I am firmly in the 3 door camp.  I just can't see 5 doors as a sporty profile.  Same as these new fangled taxi engined GTD stylee "hot hatches".  Again, back in the day there was no such thing as a hot taxi engined car.  Dinosaur, I am. :smiley:

I’m also of a certain age and have owned many 3 door hot hatches. However with advancing age, I’m now firmly in the 5 door camp as I prefer the convenience and flexibility that 5 doors gives me, especially when getting in and out of the car in confined spaces and when transporting not so agile elderly relatives who struggle - or find it impossible - to get into the back of a three door car these days.

Five doors and good performance is the perfect combination for me. I also think the proportions of the five door Golf look better aesthetically than the three door model (sorry, 3 door owners / lovers!). Just my opinion though, and it’s good we don’t all like the same things, otherwise life would be boring!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 12 May 2019, 10:46 »
Agree with you entirely SRGTD. 5 door hot hatches are for people who want the hot hatch but still need a family car for kids and parents/grand parents. If people prefer 3 doors that's fine just as some people prefer 5 doors which is also fine 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 12 May 2019, 11:13 »
This generation car too long for 3 door. 5 looks better and works better with kids!
And you may as well get used to it. Just as the manual gti is dead so is the 3 door ( nearly!)
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #18 on: 12 May 2019, 11:52 »
What’s worse for me is hot hatch estates.  A Ford Focus ST estate and a VW R estate is just wrong but then I love the 5 door hatch and dislike the 3 door so what do I know  :laugh:

Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 12 May 2019, 12:40 »
Shame it’s not a manual and doesn’t have Pretoria’s or Belvedere’s
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver