Author Topic: Really loud turbo whistle after full miltek system.  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
Really loud turbo whistle after full miltek system.
« on: 25 January 2017, 19:14 »
Anyone else's car do this? Mines a pd150 the turbo noise is very loud. I think it sounds fooked lol but a friend of mine who is a revo re map agent seems to think these pd engine do make a loud turbo whistle with a de cat.
« Last Edit: 26 January 2017, 05:51 by Ajamesc »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: Really load turbo whistle after full miltek system.
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2017, 19:23 »
Ye decat a pd and map it and youll hear it. Haha

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2017, 19:36 »
I'm a worrier lol I don't use the car much I had the turbo apart and cleaned the vains out. No play in the bearing and it spins freely. But now back together and re mapped to 180 with the miltek turbo back non res system it's very loud like a siren. It pulls well and smokes no more than a normal diesel but even at really low revs and almost tick over the noise is very noticeable
« Last Edit: 25 January 2017, 19:50 by Ajamesc »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2017, 19:37 »
AKA 'The Owl'  :grin:

An old member on here (StevePD) had a full Milltek on his 150 and you could hear it before you saw it  :grin:

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2017, 19:49 »
Good to hear mines like that mate. My friend Jon-Paul has a white vw doka that's quite big in the vw scene at the moment. He re mapped it and said it's normal so I'll switch worry mode off now lol

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2017, 20:21 »
Hearing yhe turbo on tickover isnt a problem. My a4 is the same (although v6 tdi)
And my passat pd ide expect with a decat ide hear it. Worry when there pouring smoke out the back of it

Offline gazareth

• I live here
Re: Really loud turbo whistle after full miltek system.
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2017, 22:17 »
there was a red skoda fabia in front of me the other night. sounded like a yankee juggernaut pulling away :shocked:. very whistly.

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2017, 16:50 »
Definitely an issue with your turbo making that noise I always thought there was! It sh!t it's self on Friday new one fitted now and it's as quite as a mouse

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2017, 19:52 »
Wasnt wistling then and was touching the impeller on the turbo where the seals are worn? Had that on a previous turbo. Definately wouldnt call it a whistle though

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2017, 20:30 »
I don't think the seals were worn it was not passing oil just a constant whistle noise mates van dose it too that's quite modded. He said it's normal when he herd it I only questioned it as normally any loud noise that isn't an on boost type noise is an issue as for on idle it should not make any noise going buy all the turbos I've dealt with. New one is silent. My sierra had a gt3076 before it came apart for its new engine. That sounded like you was using a grinder hard on boost lol other than that it was silent
« Last Edit: 13 February 2017, 20:33 by Ajamesc »