Author Topic: Got the GTI....  (Read 2080 times)

Offline simon911abc

• Not said much yet
Got the GTI....
« on: 07 September 2018, 10:48 »
Picked it up last night. Some photos below of the current condition. It's dirty, but not horrendous and nothing an armful of autoglym and zymol products won't make a big dent in. Engine quite clean - as it should be for 28k on teh clock....

Couple of questions if you have a moment....

1. Car does not seem to have cup holder. There is a compartment next to the handbrake, but not for cups. Is there an insert I can buy for this...?

2. The rear vent is broken on one side - see photo. Is this repairable / replaceable?

3. Same question for missing rear cup holders under vents. There's just a hole - any thoughts on replacement bits?

4. Mystery piece of trim in the car...what is it?

5. One of the fobs is missing the key..>! Apparently got snapped off at some point int he past. IS this replaceable via the dealer...? I have some kind of code attached to that key...

Thanks in advance...

Offline david25

• I live here
Re: Got the GTI....
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2018, 11:36 »

1. Car does not seem to have cup holder. There is a compartment next to the handbrake, but not for cups. Is there an insert I can buy for this...?

This is the cup holder, go on ebay and get a VW bottle opener, this fits at 90 degrees into those slots in the middle, you can also use the slider cover to jam the cup in the short-term.

2. The rear vent is broken on one side - see photo. Is this repairable / replaceable?

Doesnt look like to me, the rear cup holders are also missing.

3. Same question for missing rear cup holders under vents. There's just a hole - any thoughts on replacement bits?

Maybe, need a trip to the dealer...

4. Mystery piece of trim in the car...what is it?

It goes in the boot at the side.

5. One of the fobs is missing the key..>! Apparently got snapped off at some point int he past. IS this replaceable via the dealer...? I have some kind of code attached to that key...

In theory you can get another key cut and take the unit apart to fit (assuming the electronics work) dont think the dealer will do bits but simply support a whole key.
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline simon911abc

• Not said much yet
Re: Got the GTI....
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2018, 13:46 »
Great input - thanks David.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive