Author Topic: R reviews  (Read 13566 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: R reviews
« Reply #20 on: 18 April 2021, 18:54 »
Normal person drives Golf R!

https://youtu.be/ZQOdiSgPnfU
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 18 April 2021, 21:40 »
I think normal might be stretching it a bit.
I don’t watch this guy’s vids but from the little I’ve seen I think he spends far too much time in badly lit rooms clutching Golf R literature.  :lipsrsealed:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 18 April 2021, 22:07 »
I don’t watch this guy’s vids but from the little I’ve seen I think he spends far too much time in badly lit rooms clutching Golf R literature.  :lipsrsealed:
I bet the pages are stuck together too  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 20 April 2021, 15:36 »
Volkswizard vs Carwow drag race featuring Merc A45

https://youtu.be/Lg3TNEW94Fc

Andrew does get a mention, although his face isn't shown. Maybe he's not kool inuff for da Carwow kidz  :sad:
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #24 on: 20 April 2021, 15:50 »
I watched that earlier too.

Not really sure what it shows you? Maybe that it only takes a little tiny mistake and your 20 grand of superiority is pointless maybe  :grin:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 21 April 2021, 23:10 »
Joe Achilles review.

https://youtu.be/u1pnpzlI4Es
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 22 April 2021, 00:22 »

lol! This guy’s videos keep appearing in my YouTube suggested feed. And yes, that’s my impression of him too! Sadly another one of these wannabe YouTubers without the content/talent/ability to match.
« Last Edit: 22 April 2021, 00:23 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 22 April 2021, 00:27 »
Joe Achilles review.

https://youtu.be/u1pnpzlI4Es

This is one of the best reviews I’ve seen yet. JA is an unashamed BMW fan boy so it’s refreshing to see him try something outside of his comfort zone. I think his critique of the interior gremlins is the best summation I’ve seen of it yet. Harsh but fair criticism from someone who’s lived with it for a week or so and has a lot of experience with better thought out interiors.

He did love the car overall though.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 22 April 2021, 21:39 »
I think what he said about the R is probably equally true about the gti and the clubby.... They drive really well but the infotainment and steering wheel buttons are definitely not great. I'd probably say the driving experience overcomes those issues but why does it have to overcome them? Imagine what it could have been, that's the super annoying thing more than anything specific.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 23 April 2021, 10:32 »
M135i vs Mk8 R:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeGbt4p8K8k

Fairly well balanced review I thought.

I keep saying it, the performance Mk8's are very very well driving cars but definitely let down by software gremlins and poor user interface.

But the driving experience itself is really so very good that maybe you can get over the other problems? But can you dream of what an alternate world looks like.... where the problems are gone and you have simply a "normal" interface with all of the combined with those driving dynamics..... and its not like VW can't have been aware of this.