Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 8251 times)

Offline Sammy14913

• Not said much yet
Re: Help needed
« Reply #20 on: 16 July 2016, 20:39 »
Yes I will hopefully this is the problem was thinking of getting a decat pipe but have been offered a power flow turbo back for. £100 but just thinking will a decat make it run rich again.. If fixing the blow solves the problem and over fuel .. If u get what I mean

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #21 on: 16 July 2016, 21:36 »
Decat will still have to lambda holes to read from. Just wont Obvously get rid of the sh!t for emmisions

Offline Sammy14913

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 16 July 2016, 22:02 »
that doesn't bother me atm the main thing is getting this running right I've owned owned it 3 weeks and have spared no money trying to resolve this problem that seems to be Un fixable I just didn't want to resolve the problem by replacing leaking exhaus and then cause another by having no cat I'm going to give it a few more weeks then if I can't resolve it I'm just going to break the car or just sell it as spares or repair :(

Offline Sammy14913

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 18 July 2016, 14:05 »
Gaped the plugs to 0.28 and no difference tbh seems to be running a bit worse imo or could it be a faulty fuel injector or would a bent valve cause this problem and is there a way to find out?

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #24 on: 18 July 2016, 19:15 »
Bent valve youd hear him chuffing in the inlet or exhaust, thats how youde know. Injector dodgy youde also know by puttin it on vag com and checking the resistance on the injectors

Offline Sammy14913

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 18 July 2016, 20:07 »
Went and baught some bosh super 4s earl is Gona fit them tomorrow and the exhaust is blowing worse hopefully it's that that's causing me the problems through loss of back pressure

Offline Sammy14913

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 26 July 2016, 22:33 »
Can some one confirm this... A friend of a friend had the same problem and apparently the head has vvt and my ecu isn't set up for that hence the bogging / misfire up to 3k or the other way around and apparently I can get it mapped out he had same prob got vvt mapped out and car ran sweet

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #27 on: 27 July 2016, 01:11 »
Hmm, from what I heard vvt on Vags is for emissions at higher revs so under 3k shouldn't make a difference.

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 27 July 2016, 08:03 »
just out of curiosity what air filter are you running?
have you tried running the car without the MAF connected to see if it runs any better?

Mines an ARZ
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline Sammy14913

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 27 July 2016, 12:41 »
Yer brand new bosh maf when unplugged runs bad and tbh mat I'm not sure if it has arz bottom end or wether whole engine is agu but wording is arz I don't know if there is a way to tell what bottom end you have