Author Topic: Grand Prix - the killer years - documentary  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Grand Prix - the killer years - documentary
« on: 10 May 2011, 20:12 »
Got a pointer to this on another forum.  Well worth a watch if you have any interest in the evolution of F1.

It's an hour-long BBC4 documentary, diced into four parts.

http://youtu.be/kHYmF9XadH8
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline DOA

• I live here
Re: Grand Prix - the killer years - documentary
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2011, 23:27 »
Seen it before and its a thoroughly good watch! Amazing what drivers went through in those days (not just in F1).

Just watched Senna tonight and it still amazes me that it took his death to really make the regulators buck their ideas up to the levels you see nowadays when you consider how poor driver and spectator safety was in the bad old days. Saying that, most race cars are so safe now that the skill has gone out of a lot of race series since the drivers who dont pay for their own cars have zero fear of the consequences of their bumper car tactics. Touring cars in particular is a particularly good example of some incredibly poor driving standards and its getting to the point where they are due a particularly nasty accident if the regulators carry on letting the drivers act in the manner they do! 

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Grand Prix - the killer years - documentary
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2011, 10:18 »
Meh, Touring car has always been about a bit of friendly tapping here and there. It's what makes it exciting.

Nick