Author Topic: Brake disks and pads  (Read 1317 times)

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
Brake disks and pads
« on: 20 October 2019, 20:44 »
Time for new rears - the fronts will need doing in the next twelve months too.
This will be a DIY effort on my part. I’ve not done any work on the Golf so I don’t have the parts catalog - does anyone have the OEM numbers and/or any manufacture recommendations?
The actual job of changing them won’t (shouldn’t :smiley:) be an issue, but hints and tips welcome. I’ll be using Carista to handle the EPB.
It’s a 2018 245 as in the footer.
Cheers
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline Craig

• Not said much yet
Re: Brake disks and pads
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2019, 21:00 »
Try AUTODOC. I have been very surprised with their prices and service recently.

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2019, 21:06 »
Yep - Used them for other vehicles - even the returns procedure is good.
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2019, 06:29 »
Time for new rears - the fronts will need doing in the next twelve months too.
This will be a DIY effort on my part. I’ve not done any work on the Golf so I don’t have the parts catalog - does anyone have the OEM numbers and/or any manufacture recommendations?
The actual job of changing them won’t (shouldn’t :smiley:) be an issue, but hints and tips welcome. I’ll be using Carista to handle the EPB.
It’s a 2018 245 as in the footer.
Cheers
how come a 2018 needs rears so soon? My December 2016 GTi pp doesn't need fronts or rears yet.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2019, 06:43 »
ACC over 24,000 miles on M25 when it’s at its busiest...
Normally either use the limiter if it’s empty or nothing if it’s normal, but I’m on it between 0700 & 0800  :smiley:

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2019, 08:36 »
I've just bought the Clubsport S discs with redstuff pads for the front and for the rear I've got the package from ebc which includes red stuff pads.

rear kit:https://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/ebc-redstuff-pad-&-plain-disc-kit-pd02kr020_p31255264.htm

Clubsport S discs:5Q0698151L

front pads:https://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/ebc-redstuff-brake-pads-dp32127c_p31274822.htm

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2019, 13:40 »
Ordered Brembo stuff from AUTODOC.  :smiley: