Author Topic: Blyton Park New Circuit  (Read 3887 times)

Offline 8pot

• GTI forum regular
Blyton Park New Circuit
« on: 31 May 2011, 22:19 »
Not sure if any of you have heard about the new circuit at Blyton Park near Gainsborough?

Basically, it is a new tarmac circuit built on an existing air field. Looks really quick and apparently has been designed in conjunction with John Barker from Evo magazine.

We have been lucky to secure two days there... both weekend days.

Saturday 18th June
and
Sunday 17th July.

A good clip of the circuit is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw1E_JaI8hM

The price for each full day, open pit lane event is £125. Free instruction will be available together with free passengers and free additional drivers....if you are brave!

A massive attraction of the circuit is the vast run off and seemingly no issues with noise. How refreshing is that!!

Look forward to welcoming as many Golfs on the day as possible, but will be limiting the event to 50 attendees

I have been discussing this on Scoobynet with a few people.  Some can not get round the fact that it is a new circuit, not the rough rally cross circuit that some had been on before.  To sort the doubters, I offered them 6 discounted tickets at £100.  To be fair, I will do the same on here.

To get the deal, which will be first come first served, it will be for the first event and limited to 6 places.  To get the cheaper place email me on michael@apextrackdays.co.uk

Mike

Offline 8pot

• GTI forum regular
Re: Blyton Park New Circuit
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2011, 01:14 »
First 6 spaces at just £100!  You will not get a cheaper day at Blyton yhis year!

Offline AdamR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2011, 16:01 »
See you there :)

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2011, 18:12 »
See you there :)

Which car were you in mate? I was there in my Jetta

An excellent day out by the way, props to the organisers  :cool:
« Last Edit: 21 June 2011, 18:19 by Simeon »

Offline AdamR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2011, 10:34 »
Aah, I was in the Blue Clio (used to have a Mk3 Golf which is why I still hang around here every now and again) - was good to meet you!

Offline 8pot

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2011, 22:58 »
We are there again next month sunday 17th July. We will also offer first 5 places to users on here at just £100, including free passengers and second drivers.  Normal price is £125 for the day and when comparing "extras" is afair bit cheaper than anyone else!

Good circuit, Adam and Simeon seemed to enjoy it.

Mike

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2011, 22:59 »
Place has had a good review in Track Driver Magazine. Pity it's bloomin miles from me.

Nick

Offline 8pot

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 23 June 2011, 23:25 »
I read it today.  It is nice to see someone as enthusiastic as Richard Usher.  It is a treck, but only 1 hour from M1 junction 30 and that was towing.

Mike

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 June 2011, 23:51 »
Worth the trip for a cheap day Nick, I really enjoyed it

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 June 2011, 17:02 »
Im pleased this is up and running again.I used to go banger racing at Blyton until i got a year ban for cracking someone in the pits.
Used to be a good 4x4 run out there somewhere too. :cool: