Author Topic: popleyruss - mk2 vr6  (Read 20465 times)

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
popleyruss - mk2 vr6
« on: 15 October 2010, 17:49 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
Re: popleyruss - mk2 vr6
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2010, 20:38 »
well hears the car when i pickd it up last wednesday

a few pictures next to my mates mk2 kr on r1 bike carbs

anyway so hear gos i pickd up the car on wednesday as an unfinishd project its had a full respray in midnight blue with crushed ice pearl metal flake ( i really dont like it ) but its a really good spray job
the car has smooth big bumpers and rubbing strips all removed and shaved door handle ( another mod i do not like)
it has a raylle front end witch i do like but not to keen on doing the wireing and the indicators im not too sure on the law on those haha ill have to get around it sum how

the interior is shocking lol half the plastic trims missing the dash surround is broke as the mk3 dials have been put in shockingly cut all gonna be changed may go for the strippd out look really not sure yet ill probably change my mind

then engine as far as i no is fine but i think im gonna leave it in rather than pull it out the car has a starting problem so need to get to the bottom of it also the rear gearbox mount is broke well theres a bracket with 2 17 mm bolts into the box its broke on the mount side tho
Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2010, 20:39 »
right then today i wanted to get to the bottom of whats up with the car as it apparently had a starting problem and also i wanted to no how the things been wired up so hear gos

theres the ecu i take its obd1 as far as i no as its a distributer type engine aswell

first thing i pulled out was alarm or the imobaliser witch is screwd to the floor underneath the drivers seat haha wasnt impressed with that at all to be honest

the fun part haha i think as far as i no its the mk 3 fuse box i no there very similar in the later models but a few things to do with the wireing i havent got a clue also need to find out what the broken red plug is and what wires goto it also the amount of fuses that were broke must have been when they wedge the fuse box in

right thats the red plug that i havent got a clue about

also found a single relay like plug that i havent got a clue about ill get a photo of that when im with the car again

the car seems to have 2 lots of wiring for the headlights that arnt wired up i need to find the right plugs for the raylle headlights so any info would be great thanks

and the wiring i pulld out

this one is a fella loom with relays nut it wasnt for the raylle front i think maybe the original grill may have been twin lights and they wanted the sides and the main on at the same time ???????? not sure

Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2010, 20:40 »

broken gearbox mount seems to have just coroded and snaped pretty cheap item so all good
Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2010, 20:42 »

need to find door cards the same as this or will make do with just the drivers side or if anyone has a decent full 3 door interior i may take it off there hands thanks
Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 15 October 2010, 20:43 »
i need these 2 mounts anyone please

Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2010, 20:44 »
right then todays antics didnt really get much done to be honest bolted up the front bumper hears a pic of the paint up close ive actually decided i hate it haha

right and also ive found a wire and a relay plug that im really not sure what it is its on the ignition side so i think it could be fuel pump or starter motor and also a plug that has no wires to that i need to identify as it stopping me start the car i think

hears the plug thats nakerd

and i swear theres a more relays missing

and hears a few of the wiring of the fuel pump

and a 1 of the underneath

Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 15 October 2010, 20:44 »
acouple of pics thanks to adamhhr

Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2010, 21:02 »
well got a couple of days free the next few so im gonna get that wiring sorted hopefully and get all new relays in there and get the thing turning over before i even tackle the interior witch is half  a days work really well less than that

im still stuck on what to do with the doors and boot as there is no handles and no locks on the car so can sum one give me sum guidence as i dont have a clue when it comes to shaved doors or alarm systems and how the hell im gonna get into my car haha
Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2010, 18:25 »
Not done a lot today managed To get the 3 relays i needed and that red plug  for the fuel pump power also sold the raylle front

Got the gearbox bracket I need aswell so all this will ne done tomoro so gingers crossed ill have  her running tomoro
Just plain dubbin