Author Topic: antogoof`s 1991 mk2 8v  (Read 42759 times)

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
Re: antogoof`s 1991 mk2 8v
« Reply #60 on: 18 April 2010, 17:16 »
not updated in a while! :rolleyes: been busy going self employed at work. had to use the golf this week for work,40 ish mile round trip a day.

a silght knocking devloped on tuesday from the front drivers side, this is not what i need at the mo as i am trying to save for a holiday! the car has started to sit a bit lopsided and had a look underneath and the offside drivers front suspension leg is fubar`d oil everywhere! :cry:

dunno what to buy for it but it has to be higher than it is now i keep nearly leaving the exhaust behind on speedbumps, i dont know if its just me but it gets really annoying to have to drive a fast road car carefully incase you lose bits off it.

bought two new roof gutters for it as the old ones were kaput, perished with big holes in them.

two new rear door seals as the old ones were leaking, i also put a complete new stereo system in about 2 months ago, kenwood head unit and amp, jensen bass cannon, new door and rear speakers and all the wiring, i got it all for free and got it fitted free as well! sweet.

watching a load of shocks on fleabay so i will update soon................... :smiley:

mk2 bright blue met bits wanted in north west.

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #61 on: 11 May 2010, 12:11 »
right just bought some blistiens for the back now all i have to do is buy the fronts :rolleyes:

car insurance time though, been quoted £1185 by lancaster classic car! so went shopping and just paid £165 for the year with a 5000 mile limit. sweet is all i can say i thought i might be paying around 300 not half that! it still needs bits though and i am thinking of more standard parts tbh. billies with standard springs and a standard exhaust.

the roads are horrid round here and the banging and crashing is not doing the car any favours, i want to be able to drive it not sit looking at it saying "its cool cause its low"

and the exhaust is fooked but im not sure which way to go with that yet.

still having fun driving it though on the b roads its sweet. :smiley:

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #62 on: 17 May 2010, 17:52 »
got a quote off longlife exhausts in stockport, for a stainless downpipe and mid section they want £200 notes :shocked: so thet can get to f**k.

need some standard 16v springs cheap if anyone has any going, the front and rear shocks are on the way from ebay and i want to put them on as soon as i get them as the front offside is totally fooked now and i have no confidence driving the car, i dont wanna end up in a hedge!

my mate in my local garage had it up on the ramps on sat and he says he will have a pop at the exhaust but i will have to see.

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #63 on: 30 May 2010, 23:39 »
boge turbo gas front shocks for the front.

bilstien gas shocks for the rear.

eibach -40mm springs.

after doing some research it looks as though this would be the best set up for my mk2. so its all waiting for me in the boot!

tomorrow if it dunt rain im gonna stick the lot on the car, will update with pics soon. :smiley:

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #64 on: 25 July 2010, 22:53 »
now for sale :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #65 on: 25 July 2010, 22:58 »
boooo, why!?

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #66 on: 31 July 2010, 22:14 »
well it was but now im keeping it again ha ha! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #67 on: 07 August 2010, 17:59 »
so im kinda glad i did not sell this.

took the drivers side sill cover off this week to fix the hole in the sill................wooah lots of rust!

from about 6 inches from ther front edge of the front door i put my fingers right through the sill and then carried on putting my fingers through it till i got to the rear arch and that went as well about a third of the way up the car. most of the jacking point is gone as well.

i will get some piccies up as soon as i can look at it again but im not giving up, i have the repair panels on order but am also on the look out for a clean 3 door shell.

a bit gutted but i will just get a shell and put all the good bits on it.

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #68 on: 14 August 2010, 08:25 »
going looking at a marine blue mk2 3 door 1.6 ryder this morning strip everything off mine and use the new shell is the idea, lets see how good/bad it is. :smiley:

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #69 on: 15 August 2010, 08:01 »
right then i bought it!