Author Topic: Engine management light back  (Read 4347 times)

Offline Gary022

• Not said much yet
Engine management light back
« on: 23 April 2014, 11:09 »
Basically ever since putting on a 3" exhaust with sports cat I've had an engine management light come on. I went to get my car custom remapped last year in order to switch off the light so it could pass its mot.  Unfortunately the mechanics systems were down and he couldn't remap it but managed to ficker with my brand new lambadas and switch off the light.( I think he moved there positions). It stayed off for a couple of months just enough time to get it through the mot and as we near mot time this year it's back again.

The obvious thing to do now is get it remapped but due to a rather expensive payed for and planned holiday to Ibiza and car insurance to come off in the next few months my wallet can't really stretch so far. I'd also like to add a few more supporting mods to the car and not just rush because of a silly orange light.

So my question is would vagcom be able to reset my fault codes and hopefully buy me some time to get it through an mot and if so is there anyone in the Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire area that would be able to help. I could take it back to a garage but I'm worried if pay £50 for a scan and the light would come back on my way out the door or even worse they make up some catalogue of dubios faults tht need repaired for a quick buck

Cheers Gary
Mk4 Golf Gti 1.8T

Custom K&N CAI / Forge 008dv / 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Highflow Sports Cat / Pressed Plates / Carbon Wrapped Interior Trim / 18" BBS CH Reps

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: Engine management light back
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2014, 16:24 »
Get it scanned for faults... who knows what the issue is now. Might not be the same as a year ago....

Everything else is just guessing.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles