Author Topic: mk7.5 black boot badges  (Read 2013 times)

Offline wrighty79

• Not said much yet
mk7.5 black boot badges
« on: 15 August 2020, 01:49 »
anyone know of anywhere i can get good quality black rear boot badge from for a 7.5 gti? seems to be not a lot about n wanna make sure i get one that will actually fit!

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: mk7.5 black boot badges
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2020, 02:37 »
As an alternative, you could get vinyl overlays. Quite a few forum members have bought these from badgeskins.com.

https://www.badgeskins.com/store/p210/VW_-_Performance_Package_GTI_badgeskin.html

There are some pictures of the black vinyl overlays fitted to the GTI badges in the post at the link below;

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=284600.msg2599647#msg2599647
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2020, 07:52 »
Hi I have used EZM, based in the UK for vinyl airbag warning stickers before and I was impressed with the quality. I know they do specific vinyl badges for GTIs. Here’s a link.

https://www.ezmods.co/product-page/ezm-rear-vw-badge-overlays-for-vw-golf-mk7-5-facelift-models

« Last Edit: 15 August 2020, 09:53 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline wrighty79

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2020, 09:42 »
thanks for the replies but im actually meaning the vw emblem on the boot, ive sourced the inlay for them but im wanting the chrome vw sign to be black too

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2020, 10:28 »
thanks for the replies but im actually meaning the vw emblem on the boot, ive sourced the inlay for them but im wanting the chrome vw sign to be black too

Ebay/ some of the VW MK7 groups on facebook sometimes have them for sale as and when they come up. A lot of people just remove the badge then have it sprayed. Obviously if you dont want to spray the original you need to source a new silver badge to have sprayed, this are for sale on ebay again or new from VW parts. Do you have the rear camera fitted under the badge?
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline wrighty79

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 20 August 2020, 11:06 »

Ebay/ some of the VW MK7 groups on facebook sometimes have them for sale as and when they come up. A lot of people just remove the badge then have it sprayed. Obviously if you dont want to spray the original you need to source a new silver badge to have sprayed, this are for sale on ebay again or new from VW parts. Do you have the rear camera fitted under the badge?
no it doesn't have rear camera, might think about spraying it myself then but just don't wanna make a mess of it haha

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 20 August 2020, 13:07 »

no it doesn't have rear camera, might think about spraying it myself then but just don't wanna make a mess of it haha

No camera makes it aeasier to remove and refit the rear badge

Im sure someone on the MK7 facebook page was selling a load of gloss black rear badges recently, looked good quality and a good price aswell
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline My other womans a vw.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 20 August 2020, 20:09 »
Random tip here,
Remove your original chrome badge and just lightly scuff it with sand paper.
Then put it in a container of ordinary household bleach.
You need to change the bleach every 24 hrs (don’t panic when you see black foam/suds,that’s just part of the process) takes about 4 days to a week.
Strips it right back to the plastic,with no damage at all.
Give it a good rinse,prime then spray and there you have it-black OEM badges.

Offline wrighty79

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 22 August 2020, 21:30 »
Random tip here,
Remove your original chrome badge and just lightly scuff it with sand paper.
Then put it in a container of ordinary household bleach.
You need to change the bleach every 24 hrs (don’t panic when you see black foam/suds,that’s just part of the process) takes about 4 days to a week.
Strips it right back to the plastic,with no damage at all.
Give it a good rinse,prime then spray and there you have it-black OEM badges.
haha really, might have to give that a go thanks

Offline My other womans a vw.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 23 August 2020, 15:01 »
Honestly it works,I read it years ago and have done it loads of times.
Just be patient and keep changing the bleach every 24 hrs.