Author Topic: New Pressure washer  (Read 6557 times)

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
Re: New Pressure washer
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2020, 09:52 »
Nice one, what snowfoam are you using?

500ml of Autobrite Magifoam is coming with the lance so will see what that is like :cool:

I think I had that with mine. Went on very thick, seemed pretty good. I'm using G-techniq at the moment which is good too. Bought it in a 5lt tub which was better value but without a funnel it's a bit messy getting it into the snowfoam bottle!

This gets rated highly by those that know - https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/valet-pro-advanced-neutral-snow-foam I've tried it but that was when I was using just a garden hose instead of a power washer with unsatisfactory results. I may get some again next time. Their citrus pre wash looks a good bet too, used in conjunction with snowfoam for maximum muck shifting!

I haven't used their snow foam, but Valet Pro Citrus pre-wash works well - I use a hand operated sprayer, and apply it after I've rinsed the snow foam away.  I just give it a couple of minutes and rinse off before shampooing.  It's also good for removing bird droppings.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2020, 10:06 »
Nice one, what snowfoam are you using?

500ml of Autobrite Magifoam is coming with the lance so will see what that is like :cool:

I think I had that with mine. Went on very thick, seemed pretty good. I'm using G-techniq at the moment which is good too. Bought it in a 5lt tub which was better value but without a funnel it's a bit messy getting it into the snowfoam bottle!

This gets rated highly by those that know - https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/valet-pro-advanced-neutral-snow-foam I've tried it but that was when I was using just a garden hose instead of a power washer with unsatisfactory results. I may get some again next time. Their citrus pre wash looks a good bet too, used in conjunction with snowfoam for maximum muck shifting!

I haven't used their snow foam, but Valet Pro Citrus pre-wash works well - I use a hand operated sprayer, and apply it after I've rinsed the snow foam away.  I just give it a couple of minutes and rinse off before shampooing.  It's also good for removing bird droppings.

What's the hand sprayer you use Dr Mike?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 11 April 2020, 12:55 »
It's a pump-action one that I bought from a detailing supplier - hang on, I'll try to find it!

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 11 April 2020, 13:01 »
Something like this:

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/650ml-plastic-bottle-with-sprayer

I just mist it on the sides, front, and tailgate, give it a few minutes, and rinse thoroughly.

I've also applied Citrus pre-wash using my battery-powered Worx power washer, just using the bottle attachment that came with it.  Doesn't work too well with snow-foam, although it's better than nothing, but it's ideal for the pre-wash, and of course, you can use the power washer to rinse it off.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 11 April 2020, 17:15 »
I was expecting something more fancy than that! :grin: Good idea, I've got a few of those going spare. Either that or I suppose I could get a spare bottle for my snow foam lance. Or both! Thanks Dr Mike :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline N14ll

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 20 April 2020, 19:35 »
Karcher K4 got its maiden wash today along with the autobrite HD snow foam gun & have to say I'm very impressed.. Plenty of foam that I managed to get on the car, house, windows.... 👀🙄😎

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1z5h4jyshhdkyld/MVIMG_20200420_163431.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u31cmm6kz1c9ncy/MVIMG_20200420_162552.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/huljt29owpp2zoa/MVIMG_20200420_162540.jpg?dl=0

Also received a delivery from clean your car including valet pro advanced pH neutral snow foam so will need to sort the car up for an excuse to try that out! 😂
2019 Mk7.5 GTI PP
Pure White, DSG, ACC, DCC, Pano roof, 19 Brescias, Rieger rear diffuser....at the moment😂

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 20 April 2020, 21:23 »
That looks as I remember. Valet Pro and the Gtechniq aren't as thick but do give good results.

Any after pictures?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline N14ll

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 22 April 2020, 00:23 »
That looks as I remember. Valet Pro and the Gtechniq aren't as thick but do give good results.

Any after pictures?
No after pics cos did my better half's car straight after & was too knackered/lazy to get any decent shots. 😎
2019 Mk7.5 GTI PP
Pure White, DSG, ACC, DCC, Pano roof, 19 Brescias, Rieger rear diffuser....at the moment😂

Offline N14ll

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 01 May 2020, 19:33 »

Any after pictures?
Have her a quick wash this morning using the valet Pro snow foam... Went on quite thick but didn't cling as well (car wasn't especially dirty so that might have had an effect on it) overall the result was good and got most of the light grime off. Once things start opening up will look at getting it detailed professionally & ppf applied to the front end.
2019 Mk7.5 GTI PP