Author Topic: www.thephirm.co.uk  (Read 7333 times)

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
Re: www.thephirm.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: 18 October 2008, 11:15 »
You can take them up on the Revo trial remap offer? I dont know if APR offer the trial software?

Nick

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline SO8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 18 October 2008, 12:01 »
You can take them up on the Revo trial remap offer? I dont know if APR offer the trial software?

Nick

Thanks, I know Revo do a trial but don't want to do it as it will leave their stuff on my ECU and if I go for APR that *may* cause issues - though I am only going by what I have read on forums.

I really have a choice between APR which Tuningwerkes say is less 'aggressive' than the Revo and more useable .... or Revo which is more adjustable and has more settings I can choose with Tim saying he can adjust how aggressive it is.

It may be that the APR giving me less choice is the better option - as I know I will be tempted by other bits and pieces with the Revo .... which would be a shame as I liked Tim's manner and would have confidence in him providing a good product.

The insurer I will use - Greenlight - say Revo is probably the most popular of the remaps they see ...

Choices, choices .....  :rolleyes:

WhiteGTI

« Reply #12 on: 18 October 2008, 21:30 »
Yeah SO8, you sum it up well above.

Both Revo and APR Stage 1 maps are generic maps, however the Revo gives you the ability to alter boost, timing and fuel in order to make slight changes as per your requirements.

APR hold the argument that why should they offer adjustability in their maps - when each map should be designed so that it gives the optimum for the vehicle.

Revo will then come back to that by saying that different fuels/temperatures/styles of driving/vehicle modifications may benefit from slight alterations in the map.

A good piece of advice that I have from when I was deciding what map to go for..... look on some of the tuners websites - namely JKM and Awesome GTI, and look in their gallery sections where they post RR graphs alongside a list of modifications for every vehicle that they rolling road (from group meets only). This will give you an idea of the relative power gains / torque/power curve differences, and should provide you with a lot of information to base your decision on!  :smiley:

Offline SO8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 26 October 2008, 17:14 »
Update .... of sorts !

Having narrowed it down to Revo via 'The Phirm' or APR via 'Tuningwerkes' ..... I am going to stick my neck out and go for the Superchips Bluefin  :rolleyes:

Why ?

I had emailed Superchips and voiced concern over their product which though it suited me by being able to reflash to a 'genuine' - my actual map original file -  standard .... the uprated product I feared may not be up to that of other tuners; namely APR / Revo.

I did not expect anything other than a standard reply but actually got the offer (it appears to allay my fears) of going to them, Vagcom check, rolling road before, remap via Bluefin, Vagcom + then rolling road after.  All for the usual price.  That way I would know all was OK and see the difference that day.  If I still don't like I can get a full refund in the first 7 days  :smiley:

I figured I would be silly not to try it as if I don't get what I want I can still get my money back and go to either APR or Revo.

FWIW both the guys I dealt with at APR, Reuben at Tuningwerkes and Tim at 'The Phirm' were excellent and Tim spent quite some time chatting to me so I feel a bit guilty .... but the only reason I am doing it this way is I haven't got an awful lot to lose ! 

I will post the results when I have them ....
« Last Edit: 26 October 2008, 17:17 by SO8 »

WhiteGTI

« Reply #14 on: 26 October 2008, 19:48 »
Im sure you won't be disappointed SO8!

Yeah Reuben is a good guy - he normally talks for a long time too haha! But everything he says is very useful!

Hope it all goes well for you!  :smiley: