Author Topic: www.thephirm.co.uk  (Read 7312 times)

Offline SO8

• GTI forum regular
www.thephirm.co.uk
« on: 12 October 2008, 22:37 »
Has anyone used these people who are from the Farnham / Hindhead area in Surrey?  They are authorised Revo dealers. 

Thinking of getting either Revo or APR map on my Edition 30 ....

I will get prices from JKM, AmD and Thephirm for Revo prices .... Thephirm and Amd are closest to me in Surrey.  JKM are a bit of journey down the A3 to Portsmouth.  (If I go with APR it will be via Tuningwerkes in Croydon).

I am looking for them to program the select plus switch for lower power options as well as the 'full' remap.  I know JKM will do this ... haven't asked the others yet .....

Any knowledge of 'www.thephirm.co.uk' welcome  :smiley:

Offline bacillus

• I live here
Re: www.thephirm.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2008, 22:50 »
Has anyone used these people who are from the Farnham / Hindhead area in Surrey?  They are authorised Revo dealers. 

I will get prices from JKM, AmD and Thephirm for Revo prices .... Thephirm and Amd are closest to me in Surrey.  JKM are a bit of journey down the A3 to Portsmouth.  (If I go with APR it will be via Tuningwerkes in Croydon).

I am looking for them to program the select plus switch for lower power options as well as the 'full' remap.  I know JKM will do this ... haven't asked the others yet .....

You can add the extra settings yourself to the select plus switch from your pc.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline SO8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2008, 22:57 »

You can add the extra settings yourself to the select plus switch from your pc.

I know .... that would be fine - if I had a clue what I was doing  :laugh: 

When I spoke to JKM they said it would take a quick set up and then a drive out with the laptop to make sure all was OK - only about 1/2 hours labour to sort .... which, considering I would probably do more harm than good seemed like value for money  :smiley:

Offline gazbutmk5gti

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2008, 23:06 »
Adjusted the settings on mine today for the first time, its really easy :smiley:
Revo stg2+ & lots more

Offline T88OMM

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2008, 10:22 »
From what I hear 'The Phirm' are a well respected company within the Vag world. They have done all sorts of mad conversions and also run a 2 page artical in Performance VW every month. Im sure if you go with them you wont be dissappointed!  :smiley:
Tom
Candy White ED30 | Carbonio | Turbo-Back Milltek | Autotech Fuel Pump | Stage 2 Custom-Code Remap

Offline revo carl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2008, 11:25 »
The Phirm are really switched on guys who build a lot of epic cars;

Tim, Paul and LAURA. are really nice guys and will always have time for you. give them a shout you wont be dissapointed!

edit......forgot to mention LAURA
« Last Edit: 14 October 2008, 16:28 by revo carl »

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2008, 18:27 »
The Phirm are really switched on guys who build a lot of epic cars;

Tim & Paul are really nice guys and will always have time for you. give them a shout you wont be dissapointed!

Agreed. Really wish I let them touch my Rallye instead of DesignerDubs when I first had it. The Phirm know their stuff!
« Last Edit: 13 October 2008, 20:38 by Martz »

Offline SO8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 13 October 2008, 20:10 »
Thanks for the comments - hopefully they will reply to my email soon ....

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #8 on: 14 October 2008, 13:05 »
The phrim are a well respected company with a passion for vdubs. :wink:

The Revo select plus switch unit is the ideal gadget for any petrol head. Good for tuning the power down when the missus drives the car...lol   :smug:

Nick

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline SO8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 16 October 2008, 22:14 »
A brief update ....

I went and saw 'The Phirm' today (when I actually found them!) and had a long chat with the owner; Tim - a thoroughly nice bloke and very knowledgeable.  He was in no rush to get rid of me and more than happy to answer any questions I had.  He clearly loves what he does and it makes a change to talk to someone who enjoys their work.

If I do go with Revo I will almost certainly get it done there.  I just have to decide now between Revo and APR  :rolleyes: