Author Topic: Climate control in winter  (Read 3055 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: Climate control in winter
« Reply #10 on: 14 December 2012, 14:27 »
so im too old for club 18-30 (only just mind!)

but im young enough for club 18-19 (degrees c). GET IN! :laugh:
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 December 2012, 16:27 »
The lower the temperature you set the healthier your bodies working, according to a Radio Programme I heard once.

18/19 your young.
22 just means your old!  :laugh:

:grin:
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Arena8

• GTI forum regular
  • "A mans a man fur aw that"
« Reply #12 on: 14 December 2012, 17:56 »
Mines is never off Auto, i dont think ive switched it off in any of my VAG cars. Never had a problem with condensation  :smiley:

Edition 35 * Deep Black * RNS 510 Sat Nav * ACC * Park Assist with camera * Luxury Pack - Folding mirrors * Sunroof * Coloured DIS * ED35 Dice* Interior LED bling* ED35 footrest* 35 rear badge* Mudflaps- fronts customised fit

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 14 December 2012, 18:03 »
Always leave on 19/20 on dual but not auto and no a/c. Never had any problems with misting but it is kept nice and cosy in the garage when not in use unless very wet.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 17 December 2012, 19:10 »
been leaving my car outside for the past few nights and ive noticed it really mists up when im driving, even more so with passangers in the car

i usually just toggle the AC on and off and it has never been an issue really till recently. tonight the screen was a bit misty even with the AC on - i regularly clean my windscreen with proper glass cleaner too.

i tried driving with the windows open a bit earlier with the heater on but this didnt help.

im going to get some silicone crystal sachets and leave them in the door pockets to see if it helps.

our altea is bad for misting up too - my golf i hadnt really noticed before as i havent really taken it out much in cold/wet until the past few days
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 17 December 2012, 20:57 »
been leaving my car outside for the past few nights and ive noticed it really mists up when im driving, even more so with passangers in the car

i usually just toggle the AC on and off and it has never been an issue really till recently. tonight the screen was a bit misty even with the AC on - i regularly clean my windscreen with proper glass cleaner too.

i tried driving with the windows open a bit earlier with the heater on but this didnt help.

im going to get some silicone crystal sachets and leave them in the door pockets to see if it helps.

our altea is bad for misting up too - my golf i hadnt really noticed before as i havent really taken it out much in cold/wet until the past few days

Let us know If the crystals do the trick.

My car lives on driveway and have never had any noticeable problem before with previous cars, but am really getting lots of condensation this winter and, as you say, it is much worse with more people in car.  Windscreen clears quite quickly with either just heater or a/c on but the side windows take an age and opening them doesn't help.  Haven't yet sussed out the best combo for clearing them quickly.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 18 December 2012, 07:48 »
Windscreen clears quite quickly with either just heater or a/c on but the side windows take an age and opening them doesn't help.  Haven't yet sussed out the best combo for clearing them quickly.

Drop all 4 windows (assuming it's a 5 door) by about 10mm. It will draw air in through the front windows and out through the rears, taking the moisture with it.  :smiley:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 18 December 2012, 08:18 »
Windscreen clears quite quickly with either just heater or a/c on but the side windows take an age and opening them doesn't help.  Haven't yet sussed out the best combo for clearing them quickly.

Drop all 4 windows (assuming it's a 5 door) by about 10mm. It will draw air in through the front windows and out through the rears, taking the moisture with it.  :smiley:

Cheers, will give that a go.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11