Author Topic: wheels and mods'  (Read 8351 times)

Offline Cupra Turbo

• I live here
Re:wheels and mods'
« Reply #10 on: 15 April 2004, 00:15 »
Surely that 255 size is wrong! thats well fat

no sh!t .. i thought the max the mk4 could fit was 225?

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=38

Modified Golf GTI, 130Bhp(est), All Smoked Plus Quad Headl

Offline Greeny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 15 April 2004, 00:30 »
 ;) Soon see! Think of it as an experiment at the expense (although should be able to change em) of some new txxt who's only had a golf 6 months andhas no clue what he's doing. If  they don't fit she will go mad... It's fair to say I'm a tad apprehensive at this time. Where's me stella????

That u'r 4 in gallery? Nice lookin' motor. Mine's green. Oh god, what was I thinking.....................

Offline Greeny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 23 April 2004, 19:26 »
 ;D Ok, wheels and tyres are on the car. Wheels are Rondell 58's and the tyres are Falken Z1EX 255/40/17 94W'S. Re; prior concerns on tyres, they fit no bother,and dont adversly affect turning circle. You can, however, certainly feel them drag a bit!! Insurer was gonna charge me an extra ?122 for the privilege, so have changed insurer and saved ?212 in the process. Next drop springs a touch and get ECU tinkered with.

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #13 on: 23 April 2004, 22:09 »
I'm glad it worked out for you. Can you get some pictures up in the gallery? I'd love to check out the tyres - they must look so wide!!
Ads
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline Greeny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 28 April 2004, 22:01 »
Tell ya what, they did look huge when they first went on, but lookin at them now, they just blend, y'know? Rears could probably do with being an inch wider, the cars can so take them. Our kid has a mk3 but they would look decidedly odd on his. mk4's can just swallow them. Still working on pic's, really am no good with technology!!!

Offline richy

• I live here
  • neeeeeeeowm
« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2004, 22:13 »
Wow! That's wide.  I've got 225/45/17's and these track quite a lot (follow grooves in road) due to their width. 255 is monstrous!!!  ;D  (that's an extra inch wide)

Total diameter is almost exactly the same though with 255/40's

« Last Edit: 28 April 2004, 22:14 by richy »
54-plate Golf 2.0 FSI GT.  Leather interior.

Offline Greeny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 28 April 2004, 22:31 »
 ;)Go on, give them a go. Y'knowyou want to. Tyres were only ?408 ftted and balanced. Mind you he did discount thedeal. V. nice lookin motor by the way. Had thought about RS6 repro's but thought the quality was compromised, and OE's are extortionate! There seems to be some historic debate re; 3 door versus 5 door. Why??

Offline richy

• I live here
  • neeeeeeeowm
« Reply #17 on: 28 April 2004, 22:38 »
That's pretty cheap for tyres.  :o

I got expensive ones - ?120 each!  8) (Pirellis on back and Bridgestones on front)
« Last Edit: 28 April 2004, 22:38 by richy »

Offline Greeny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2004, 22:48 »
Hey, its all relative. D'ya spend the money on the car, or piss it up against the wall?? As long as it sticks to the tarmac and goes round the corners! Our lass could waste that at the Metrocentre on 'groovy threads' in 15 mins!!  Thing is, me tyres last longer than the summer fashion season and yet i do wrong?That Inky blue? Nice colour, although the Anthracite is bang on. Rare as hens teeth though. I like theTT's but there are loads of Audi'sround my way so they just blendtoo much. Bloody estate agents.

Offline richy

• I live here
  • neeeeeeeowm
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2004, 22:52 »
I figured I'd shell out on Tyres cos they connect you to the road.  

Yep, car is Ink Blue.   8)