Author Topic: Heater Matrix Finished !!!  (Read 3373 times)

Offline splat_24

• Not said much yet
Heater Matrix Finished !!!
« on: 16 November 2010, 22:57 »
Hi there, this is my 1st post and yes its a bad one :( T reg 1.8 20v tubro 3 door golf

Big problems !!!!

My heater matrix is leaking does any one have any ideas on how to fit one i have got a new one and i no its up behind the dash some were any one got any ideas on how to remove the dash ? Do i need to remove the dash ?

please some one help

Thankyou Matt
« Last Edit: 20 November 2010, 16:22 by splat_24 »

Offline thatwillis

• I live here
Re: HELP NEEDED !!!
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2010, 22:58 »
Will need to check this but i think its behind the glove box which is nice and easy to take out  :smiley:

Offline splat_24

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2010, 23:01 »
o rite ok so shud i take the glove box out and have a look see what i can see in respect to the part i have and take it from there ?

cheers Matt 

thankyou 4 the quick reply

Offline thatwillis

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2010, 23:21 »
I would wait for a wise forum veteran who knows exactly what they are doing  :tongue:

Offline new to vw

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2010, 10:25 »
Acording to the haynes book the dash has to come out.......Might be an idea to get a book and have a look, it looks a big job  :sad: :sad:
5 door 1.8t AUM

Offline smithy20vt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2010, 10:30 »
Is it definately the Heater Matrix and not a leak coming down through the Polen Filter?

Offline splat_24

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 17 November 2010, 16:30 »
i am in the middle of doing it boys its not a good job yes the dash has to cum out its no good !!

Offline splat_24

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 17 November 2010, 19:23 »
 :cry: just got home now i have been on it since half 1 this afternoon n i still carnt see the matrix its not good. sorry about the short post erlier on. its deffo the heater matrix as theres alot of coolant in the heater box i am gana take me camra in 2moz n take sum pics of the state its in :sad: i only got it on sunday and allready she is in pices!!!! i wish i had not started it now but owell am on with it. and i love the car so whats gota be done is gana be done.

i would say do not attempt it at home autodata says it should take 4 hours but i have had to let me a/c gas go and take the dash near enuff out so autodatas got it rong on this one i think.

also does any one have a centre arm rest they want to part with ??

Matt

Offline wessexgti

• GTI forum regular
Re: HELP NEEDED !!! Heater Matrix
« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2010, 18:39 »
4 hours? thats a result mate! when my M reg audi A6's h/m went,i was told it was a 30 hour job and no garage localy would touch it as it blocked a ramp up for to long  :angry:

car was pretty tired to be honest,so sold it for the engine (v6 2.8,strong as a ox) and now have my lovely GTi,so all's well that ends well. hope you get it sorted,tell us how you get on will ya,for future reference?

Offline houston

• I live here
Re: HELP NEEDED !!! Heater Matrix
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2010, 20:48 »
look at how hard it is to do a matrix on an mr2, its actually easier to cut open the bulkhead!!!! there was a guide on doin it even!

i