Author Topic: VW Customer Service  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
VW Customer Service
« on: 03 November 2018, 12:27 »
How is it you can.t get any correct info from them. The dealers info and theirs never match up. Dealer never ring.You, when they say they will. Whole thing is very frustrating. May be cancelling the car. Bah
Audi 2017 S4 Saloon. VW 2018 T Roc  soon to go

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: VW Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2018, 12:34 »
VW's own customer service has never been brilliant, i've only ever found it to be adequate at best. It's pot luck as to whether the person answering the phone at the other end is competent, or even interested in resolving your issue. For many of them it's simply a job rather than a passion so they often take the path of least resistance.

Dealers on the other hand can vary significantly. I've many times found my local dealer varies between useless and disinterested. The dealer where my current car came from seemed more clued up and attentive. It's almost as if he'd had some proper training and knew how to serve customers interests as well as his own.
7.5 GTD

Offline Patagonian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2018, 14:02 »
In my experience the sales force will appear in a different dealer in 6 months time - that's just how it works because it's a job no more no less. I'm sure the same applies to the workshop.
What really winds me up is when they deny there are known issues/recalls, have they never heard of Google? I quoted the recall number to a BMW service receptionist and all she could say was "Our cars don't have issues". Seriously just humour me and go check because I've obviously done my research and you are just making yourself look silly when you have to call me back and ask to keep the car to rectify the problem.

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2018, 19:50 »
I hear your frustration. First time buying a new VW and I can say the difference in customer service between VW and Audi is massive. I find that trying to deal with anyone at VWUK just makes you even more frustrated
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2018, 20:03 »
I hear your frustration. First time buying a new VW and I can say the difference in customer service between VW and Audi is massive. I find that trying to deal with anyone at VWUK just makes you even more frustrated

Must depend on where the dealerships are - my lical Audi dealers are like night and day - Scotswood Road, Newcastle are a great bunch, total shower of arseholes at Silverlink - Audi do gave better refreshmwnts than VW in general though, and don't charge for CDW when you borrow a courtesy car.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline wolly440

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2018, 21:52 »
Have to say my experice with VWUK and VW francised dealerships is the worst I've ever come acrossed. Over the years I've bought cars from Honda ( best so far ) Ford, BMW, Renault. Never been fobbed off with so much Bullsh!t as I have with VW. Its normal, characteristics of the car, we can't find nothing wrong. Any other prestige manufacture would be embarrassed with the quality of there product. But no, VW take your money and don't give a fook!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 05 November 2018, 09:08 »
I'd disagree with the criticism of VW dealers actually.

I've had a new car every 3 years, sometimes sooner since 1990 - company cars. I've had loads of different marques, some my choice, others forced on me by fleet managers.

Of all those years the one thing that is a constant is that the main dealers I've had to take my car to have sucked balls.

From casual disregard to straight out fraud... and it wasn't even my car.

I have to say that my last Golf and this Golf have been a bit of a breath of fresh air. The supplying dealerships and the places I've taken it to for service are much better than the others.

VW customer service itself are also a lot better and have always answered my (often stupid) questions.

I'm pretty happy with VW I have to say... or at the least they are less sh1t than the others.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2018, 12:20 »
I was in France when my dealers technicians informed me I required headlight beam deflectors for my Mk7 TDI.
Ever tried to buy a beam deflector in France  :cry:

I emailed VWUK and they told me the car didn't require beam deflectors (flat beam headlight bulbs). Sent a copy to the dealers for circulation to their technicians the recipiant deleted it!

Saying that they did ensure my number plates were stuck-on, whereas their sister dealership screwed an R when the owner asked for stick-ons.
« Last Edit: 10 November 2018, 12:22 by Mike J »

Offline Tornado8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 12 November 2018, 18:43 »
I just have to say that my dealings with VW customer services at Martins in Basingstoke have been nothing but professional, courteous and helpful.
Old, but a serial modder!