Author Topic: Happy Christmas to me! - MY19 content arrived!  (Read 14530 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: Happy Christmas to me! - MY19 content arrived!
« Reply #40 on: 11 January 2019, 12:39 »
Given what my dealer has discovered, it's not quite as straight forward as that. Any car that was built before the second week of December might have the item missing.

If you ordered from the 19th of December then you will 100% get all the options (although still worth double checkin!), however if you ordered a MY19 before then and/or your car was built in Oct/Nov or Dec 2019 then there's a chance you may have the option missing.

I'm happy though because the money I'm getting bac for the Lane Assist will help pay for the full detail & ceramic coating it's goes in for on Monday.  :smiley:

My car was built in October and non of the new standard items on MY19 are on mine.

Not that it's an issue as i'd rather not have keyless entry for obvious reasons and since its a hatchback its a doddle to park without requiring a rearview camera compared to the A4 i had previous
Are you sure yours is a MY19?

The easy way to tell 100% is by the VED CO2 emissions number. For a DSG Performance MY18 was 144g/km, MY19 is 140g/km, which you can find on your V5 or on the Car Tax check website.

:)
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 11 January 2019, 13:09 »
If it was built in October then it's my18 not 19.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 16 January 2019, 17:41 »
Just got the car back from the detailer.

I've posted full details in the detailing forum for anybody who's interested: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=284610.0

:smiley:

SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Harry213

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 16 January 2019, 22:47 »
Just had my car delivered (Golf GTI) today!

No reversing camera, keyless or lane assist

It was built in the last week of October and VW have confirmed it is a MY19 car.

VW stated that even though my car is MY19 the MY19 spec was further updated and that cars built from week 47 will have the updated items

As in the initial MY19 spec included the winter pack, convenience pack etc

This was further updated for vehicles built from week 47 onwards to include reversing camera, keyless and lane assist

Regardless I’m very happy with the car! Especially the Dynaudio and how quick the infotainment system especially compared to my previous car (2014 Leon FR)

Also on a side note really impressed with Car-Net like the fact it provides live traffic info on the built in sat Nav!

Only negative this far is that I’m struggling to fit in my phone in the front cubby space! Lol

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 17 January 2019, 08:30 »
Just got the car back from the detailer.

I've posted full details in the detailing forum for anybody who's interested: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=284610.0

:smiley:

When you have a spare 5 mins can you take a screenshot of your Dynaudio settings and post them on here? Good job in getting a refund! I would have imagined you could have pushed for a round £1000 though because the foglight gate victims got £500 even thought the cost of fog-lights was £275.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 17 January 2019, 11:26 »
Just had my car delivered (Golf GTI) today!

No reversing camera, keyless or lane assist

It was built in the last week of October and VW have confirmed it is a MY19 car.

VW stated that even though my car is MY19 the MY19 spec was further updated and that cars built from week 47 will have the updated items

As in the initial MY19 spec included the winter pack, convenience pack etc

This was further updated for vehicles built from week 47 onwards to include reversing camera, keyless and lane assist
Sorry to hear that. I made the very simple point to my dealer, which they agreed with and said they would take it up with VW. There is no literature out there that says a MY19 comes in a variety of spec depending on build date. The brochures (and all the stuff VW had on their website) was very clear, you either got a MY18 car or a MY19 car, so IMO if you got a MY19 car then you should have got what was advertised in the brochures. If you go back to your dealer you should be able too get some money back.  :smiley:

When you have a spare 5 mins can you take a screenshot of your Dynaudio settings and post them on here?
Here you go:

This is the set-up I have so-far found works for my music tase (vocal House/Dance) etc which I always stream via CarPlay using Soundcloud/MixCloud/Spotify/AmazonMusic/AppleMusic etc

I have found the Dynaudio really is sensitive to the bitrate of the music you are playing. If I'm using Spotify (which is generally a much higher bitrate) then the mids really pop. I've tried tweaking the mids, but I'm yet to find a perfect setting for Amazon Music because they use all sorts of music bitrate quality, I find with their older music it's a bit too high on the treble.
SOLD March 2021