Author Topic: Went nuts and..........5D mk3  (Read 4937 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Went nuts and..........5D mk3
« on: 17 February 2013, 19:53 »
So I went a little nuts and sold my Canon 7D on ebay and bought a Canon 5D mk3 this weekend (New, ouch :cry: obsolutely no regrets though (and my birthday present to me)) and I have to admit it is Fantastic, I had a great day out yesterday taking pictures the recent flooding.

I have to admit I love HDR at the moment.

See more at Techie_Ali on FLICKR
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: Went nuts and..........5D mk3
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2013, 20:26 »
What lenses are you using?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2013, 20:35 »
I have finacially ruined myself over the years, all Canon
16-35mm F/2.8L USM mk2,
24-70mm F/2.8L USM mk1,
70-200mm F/2.8L IS USM mk2,
100mm F/2.8L IS USM and
an 2x Extender.
Started though with a 18-55mm and 55-250mm kit lenses on a 450D.
Then got the 10-22mm USM and the 17-55 F/2.8L IS USM. Traded in the 18-55mm for the 17-55mm (2nd hand).
Sold the 55-250mm to buy the 70-200mm (new in the US with a instant $200 dollar rebate).
Sold the 450D to buy the 7D then sold the 7D to buy the 5D mk3.
Phew.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2013, 20:45 »
nice load of kit! just need the epic shots to do the kit justice! no pressure  :whistle:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2013, 20:59 »
nice load of kit! just need the epic shots to do the kit justice! no pressure  :whistle:

I can only try, need to keep up this nice weather we had this weekend.

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2013, 21:13 »
And I was chuffed with my recent 7d purchase!

Some seriously nice kit there.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 17 February 2013, 21:48 »

I have to admit I liked the 7D but the ISO was just not what I expected I actually thought my 450D's ISO was better, but the FPS speed and the AF was much better.  The 5D was eveything everybody said it should be.  Fast AF, the AF tracking of moving subjects is incredible and the ISO is fantastic along with the image quality and I have only used it for a few hours in one day. Full of a cold at the moment so didn't get out today.

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2013, 22:44 »
That's some seriously nice kit.
You not got any primes in all that lot?

The HDR looks a bit overblown for my liking, but the image quality is very nice.

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 18 February 2013, 09:50 »

I have to admit I liked the 7D but the ISO was just not what I expected I actually thought my 450D's ISO was better, but the FPS speed and the AF was much better.  The 5D was eveything everybody said it should be.  Fast AF, the AF tracking of moving subjects is incredible and the ISO is fantastic along with the image quality and I have only used it for a few hours in one day. Full of a cold at the moment so didn't get out today.

My budget wouldn't stretch to a 5d3 maybe a 5dclassic!

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 18 February 2013, 20:28 »
That's some seriously nice kit.
You not got any primes in all that lot?

The HDR looks a bit overblown for my liking, but the image quality is very nice.

No prime lenses they dont really suit me I like the flexability of the zooms. I have to admit I have the ranges covered from 16mm all the way to 400mm now mind. I think my back pack is over the airline limit too. Doh.

I have to admit I like the HDRs they do tend to make things look a little more dramatic, and even liven up a boring run of the mill photo. But I think I can get carried away tweaking the settings.