Author Topic: abf conversion into a mk2 golf  (Read 2941 times)

Offline pauliodubber

• Just got here
abf conversion into a mk2 golf
« on: 09 July 2016, 11:49 »
Hi everyone in a fellow rubber and have been for years ...... I have a problem with a conversion ive just done ...... Basically ive done everything possible even drilled and installed a lambda sensor to try and rectify the problem to no avail ....... I bought a brand new engine speed sensor that is situated behind the oil filter but made the situation worse and the engine actually backfired before conking out and if left for five minutes would start and work for about a minute when the same thing would happen ...... So I replaced I with the old one and it reverted back to not cutting out or backfiring .... Just every now and again would shudder/ judder and its proper head scratching as no one I know or garage cam figure out why its happening....... I had an obd plummed in and I have a reader and deleter to which the code reads 00513 which is the speed sensor it did come up with the o2 sensor which is why I fitted one and now no codes for that records on the ecu ..... Ive even changed the whole fuelling system inc mk3 tank and brand new pump and lines ....... Please help before I have no hair left lol thanks for reading ....... Pauliodubber

Offline pauliodubber

• Just got here
Re: abf conversion into a mk2 golf
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2016, 11:56 »
Lol dubber not rubber hehe predictive text can be a nuisance hehe

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2016, 13:11 »
Throttle position sensor on abf?
Earths all fine?
Hall effect sensor in dizzy, the cause that sort of thing, if its that setup

Offline pauliodubber

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2016, 14:36 »
Thanks for your answer I have swapped distributor and tps and several coils which is why its a head scratcer lol any more ideas would be grand thanks in advance

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2016, 15:36 »
Seems silly but have you checked the plugs are gapped correctly?

Checked dizzy cap and rotor arm cintacts are clean.
Dizzy a new unit?

Offline pauliodubber

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2016, 16:52 »
2nd hand dizzy from a working vehicle cap and rotor arm new ...... New plugs and Leeds hmmmmm maybe check gaps on spark plugs but should be ok but you never know lol thanks

Offline pauliodubber

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2016, 09:37 »
The plugs are only about a month old and as the car hasn't been used a lot there shouldn't be a problem with the spark plug gap if there is anyone in this forum that has had experience of the same or similar problems with there abf conversion please answer to my post thanks ....... Pauliodubber

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 11 July 2016, 17:07 »
Have you checked static timing is 100% correct? Use the flywheel mark to find tdc, don't rely on the marks on the cambelt covers. You can also whip the cam cover off and check the cams are timed together correctly.