Author Topic: Spa Francorchamps - 3rd April 14  (Read 10283 times)

Offline Croz13

• Not said much yet
Spa Francorchamps - 3rd April 14
« on: 06 April 2014, 22:24 »
Just got back from an amazing trip to Belgium for a Circuit Days Spa Francorchamps Track Day.
Weather was perfect for the day & the Golf.... awesome, never missed a beat & the diff of the performance pack is truly epic
Milltek were also there on the day with there Mk7 & Porsche Boxster & my mate and I were lucky enough to get offered a few passenger laps in them  :laugh: The R racing upgraded brakes of their GTI are something else.. really powerful.

The track itself is awesome & I kinda prefer it to the ring which I did last yr. Deffo recommend anyone thinking about going to do it, shows just how good the mk7 GTI is & how it does everything. (comfy mile muncher getting there, handled all the luggage & then became a track day racer  :smiley:)

Now some pics

Eurotunnel to Calais

Quick Visit to the Ring

Milltek Cars

Other Metal

Track Action

Miles
Home to the Eurotunnel

Spa to home
Golf GTI 3dr : Carbon Grey, AAC, PP, Keyless, Dynaudio, Winter Pack & Rear view cam.

Offline VWcezGTI7

• Not said much yet
Re: Spa Francorchamps - 3rd April 14
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2014, 23:48 »
Amazing pictures and great looking car! Mind I ask how much did it cost you to do the whole thing? I see that you're doing well around 39 mpg and I can't seem to get mine over 25 in just under 1,500 miles. :angry: :undecided: Nonetheless, the car is phenomenal and I could assume you had a great time testing it out on such a track. How intimidating is that A class though, creeping up on you like that. :laugh:

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2014, 07:04 »
Thanks for the write up..was this a open day for the public or a organised event?
GTI PP,CSG, dsg, DCC, keyless, park assist 19"Santiagos.
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Golf R on order. 5dr dsg, 19", keyless.
Passat Estate Biturbo Black, on order.

Offline boydeee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2014, 08:31 »
Great write up and superb pics! Looks like you had a great time mate :cool:

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2014, 09:24 »
Looks brilliant! I am planning a similar trip in summer. May i ask how much it roughly cost you?

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline Croz13

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 08 April 2014, 21:26 »
Cheers for the comments guys  :wink:
This was an organised event through circuit days & I'd deffo recommend them (http://circuit-days.co.uk/tracks.asp)

Costs wise for me leaving Central Scotland down to the Eurotunnel, Calais to Spa, trip to the ring, track day (9am-6pm) & then Spa to back to Central Scotland (1700 miles) was around 5 tanks of fuel. (£300)
The Eurotunnel was £77 return
Hotels for 3 nights about £300
Then about £60 for your meals for 4 days
Then the track day was £259
So your prob looking around £1k, obviously the closer you stay to the ferry port/Eurotunnel the less it will cost you on fuel

Tyres still hav tread on them too after over 8000 miles & the track action
« Last Edit: 08 April 2014, 21:28 by Croz13 »
Golf GTI 3dr : Carbon Grey, AAC, PP, Keyless, Dynaudio, Winter Pack & Rear view cam.

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 08 April 2014, 23:50 »
Thanks for the break down on costs  :smiley:

I'm thinking of doing a 3 day trip the 'ring'. Probably to one day travelling down there, the next day having a bit of track action and exploring the roads around the circuit and a day travelling home. Sound feasible?

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #7 on: 09 April 2014, 11:20 »
I'm thinking of doing a 3 day trip the 'ring'.... having a bit of track action and exploring the roads around the circuit

In your car, or a rental?  Track day or Touristfahren?  Your car is exceedingly unlikely to have insurance cover for Touristfahren.

There is a Destination Nurburgring 2-day track day at the start of July.

For reasonably priced accommodation Bren's place is a good shout: http://slidersguesthouse.com/
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 09 April 2014, 15:14 »
I would like to do it in my own car really. I understand the risks involved and that i won't be insured when on the circuit but it is something i have always wanted to do. I won't be going round trying to set records, just so i can say i've done it in my own car before its too late.

J

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2014, 22:17 »
Several hundred £ of track day would be a better option.  You could do more than one lap and not risk your house in the process, on a track you've never driven before, surrounded by idiots and motorbikes.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.