Author Topic: creating a new project  (Read 1368 times)

Offline 10:27

• Here all the time
creating a new project
« on: 22 August 2004, 14:20 »
iv decided that i want to start a new project as i will be now sharing my cabrio with my little brother!

im not sure what to start with?

im thinking of either a caddy or a mk 1 tin top prob a gti but with small lights!

any ideas of what type of car to go for would be great!

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: creating a new project
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2004, 14:37 »
do a caddy project, something a bit different  8)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline vixteris

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2004, 14:39 »
good luck with the project vdub.

what is the dub gonna be for? ?a daily drive, a show car, for the strip ?8)

how far u gonna take the project?? ?a rolling shell and start from scratch or a mot'ed runner to make into ur own?

do u have any experience with a welder?? ?i dont so my first requirement was a solid shell to work from. ?that has probably saved me thousands ? ;)

if i had room for another project along side my 2 mark 1s i would look out for a caddy sport, theres not many of them about ?8)

Offline vixteris

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2004, 14:43 »
caddy forum link , ive linked to a caddy thats for sale  ;) http://www.vwcaddy.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2798

Offline 10:27

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2004, 14:50 »
yeah i am thinking of a caddy iv always liked them for some reason it wont be rolling shell as i can not weld at all but then again my best mate can so i have that as an option! i think im gonna go for the caddy sport it wont be a show car as i dont have the dedication to have it up to that kind of spec but it will be of high quality as i have three years to make it to the standard of my liking! thanks for the link vix and jv thanks for the advice as i reckon caddy will be the way to go!