Author Topic: 1.8 turbo (agu)????  (Read 3144 times)

Offline mr 1.8t dubbster

• Not said much yet
1.8 turbo (agu)????
« on: 02 November 2010, 21:20 »
Hey everyone, iv just got myself a gti 1.8 turbo,  :grin: after selling my mk4 gti 2.0 i regreted every day so i thought id get a turbo this time, im new to all the modding for turbo cars, im looking into getting it re-mapped at r-tech which is ment to be the best place?? :undecided: my engine code is agu so is that a good or bad thing? it did come with a dump valve and been told that its not a good thing to have? advise please thanks...........
Forge Splitter, Smothed Airbox, Re-map and coilovers next.

jamie16v

Re: 1.8 turbo (agu)????
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2010, 21:23 »
agu, you have the best one mate  :grin:
get a forge DV (unless its what you already have) before getting the remap. as long as its a recirculating valve you got it should be fine.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2010, 21:25 »
Welcome  :cool:

AGU is good although it wont map as well as AUM/AUQ which come with the k03s turbo and VVT etc etc

AGU is very reliable  :wink:

See here for the valve : http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=94010.0

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline mr 1.8t dubbster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2010, 21:32 »
thats great thanks, so far im looking at getting a forge 007 dv piper cross panel filter, im just worried as iv just got it 2 weeks ago and when i take it to r-tech they start naming alsorts of leaks new turbo ect..... lol fingers crossed, when i got this car after owning gti 2.0 this doesnt seem as fast, now i thought being as a turbo it would have at least some kick, but nothing really, bit worried, the dump valve does make noise after foot of the gas so that must mean the turbo is turning, the car drives and runs smooth, a standerd gti turbo surely must have a slight kick?? :sad: my mate had a punt gt 1.4 turbo and that was standard, but was nippy with a nice pin to seat kick, should i be worried?? thanks.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #4 on: 02 November 2010, 21:35 »
thats great thanks, so far im looking at getting a forge 007 dv piper cross panel filter, im just worried as iv just got it 2 weeks ago and when i take it to r-tech they start naming alsorts of leaks new turbo ect..... lol fingers crossed, when i got this car after owning gti 2.0 this doesnt seem as fast, now i thought being as a turbo it would have at least some kick, but nothing really, bit worried, the dump valve does make noise after foot of the gas so that must mean the turbo is turning, the car drives and runs smooth, a standerd gti turbo surely must have a slight kick?? :sad: my mate had a punt gt 1.4 turbo and that was standard, but was nippy with a nice pin to seat kick, should i be worried?? thanks.

1.8T in standard form is as you say smooth - you dont really get a "kick". It will be much better when mapped  :evil:

Offline paulwayman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 02 November 2010, 21:46 »

1.8T in standard form is as you say smooth - you dont really get a "kick". It will be much better when mapped  :evil:

i had 2 golfs both 1.8t's both aum engine codes the one i have now is mapped and the blue one i sold was not, the dif in power is loads :wink:

Offline mr 1.8t dubbster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 02 November 2010, 21:46 »
ah i feel better now thanks, so the min items before remap is forge 007p dv and piper cross panel filter? it does have the standard exhuast so would it be better getting a full stainless steel exhuast before the remap too? or dosnt matter either way?, got my eye on a scorpion one  :grin:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #7 on: 02 November 2010, 21:49 »
ah i feel better now thanks, so the min items before remap is forge 007p dv and piper cross panel filter? it does have the standard exhuast so would it be better getting a full stainless steel exhuast before the remap too? or dosnt matter either way?, got my eye on a scorpion one  :grin:

Yeah  forge 007p and piper cross panel filter are good.

As for the exhaust it doesn't matter either way before or after the map TBH - a sports cat is what you want  :wink:

Offline 0141kyle

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 02 November 2010, 21:56 »
hey guy was reading your there post there an not wantin to sound daft here but whats better to fit with the 007p valve panel filter or an induction kit i was going to fit the 007p and a pipercross induction kit any help??

Offline mr 1.8t dubbster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 02 November 2010, 22:55 »
well aparently so iv been told, an induction kit is worse for the car, so im sticking to the panel and 007 dv, hope that helps.