Author Topic: keys locked in car??  (Read 20674 times)

Offline p11jon

• Here all the time
Re: keys locked in car??
« Reply #10 on: 06 March 2011, 20:21 »
listen to these guys mate locks out job. dnt listen to that ant and his smash the sh!t out your car method. geezer ent a clue. i suggested boot lock as most thieves try doors so if the lock broke but the boot still closes its not a urgent fix to get the lock replaced where a door might be. (or a window in ants great idea).lol.  :undecided:

Offline leeabbie555

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 06 March 2011, 21:06 »
My wife locked our only key in our golf i called out a locksmith he picked the lock in 5 mins did cost £45 but no damage
Golf GTI T (agu)

Offline p11jon

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 06 March 2011, 21:07 »
My wife locked our only key in our golf i called out a locksmith he picked the lock in 5 mins did cost £45 but no damage
top idea . :smiley:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #13 on: 06 March 2011, 21:24 »
If your a member of the AA etc they will get in all ok.

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
« Reply #14 on: 06 March 2011, 21:27 »
ye cuz popping a lock or breaking into the engine bay is more damage than smashing a window in . ye good one mate ye !!!! 

Yeah, it is. With a broken window, all you need to do is replace a window and not have to go through body repair from diving in with a screw driver.
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline p11jon

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 06 March 2011, 21:46 »
right so wat body panel are we replacing or repairing by popping a boot lock?????? you ent a clue mate wat u doing offering advise??? your the only one suggesting doing the window in. popping a boot lock wont damage any bodywork the locks in the surround of the handle. getting AA like wayne suggested or locksmith is either cheapest or free and best advise or bust the lock is the second less expensive to sort rather than your great idea of smashing the sh!t out of the window. its mess takes time to arrange a fitment of a new one cost involved etc its not worth it not to mention the draw backs of security and lack of it whilst waiting for replacement glass.if i were you i'd stick to the advice on how to live are lives in good moral standing than anything to do with cars. :nerd:
« Last Edit: 06 March 2011, 21:49 by p11jon »

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
« Reply #16 on: 06 March 2011, 21:51 »
right so wat body panel are we replacing or repairing by popping a boot lock?????? you ent a clue mate wat u doing offering advise??? your the only one suggesting doing the window in. popping a boot lock wont damage any bodywork the locks in the surround of the handle. getting AA like wayne suggested or locksmith is either cheapest or free and best advise or bust the lock is the second less expensive to sort rather than your great idea of smashing the sh!t out of the window. its mess takes time to arrange a fitment of a new one cost involved etc its not worth it not to mention the draw backs of security and lack of it whilst waiting for replacement glass.if i were you i'd stick to the advice on how to live are lives in good moral standing than anything to do with cars. :nerd:

Of course, you're absolutey right  :wink:
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #17 on: 06 March 2011, 21:53 »
sorry to hear about the keys but  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: at the some of the advice givers  :laugh: :grin:

1, AA or RAC etc - if your not covered, find a friend who is, i had a mates  mini broken into by my AA cover

2, Auto locksmiths

3, Hammer, not brick,  :laugh: cos with the best will in the world, popping locks can and will damage paint, and as mentioned, you will have deadlocks so wont work anyway  :grin: :laugh:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #18 on: 06 March 2011, 23:14 »

Yeah, it is. With a broken window, all you need to do is replace a window.

And live with the rattle of broken glass that you cannot get out, I know this from having my car broken into last week. :smiley:

Offline p11jon

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 06 March 2011, 23:30 »

Yeah, it is. With a broken window, all you need to do is replace a window.

And live with the rattle of broken glass that you cannot get out, I know this from having my car broken into last week. :smiley:
exactly! this just adds to my point of this not being a good idea to break glass. thanks wayne. ant ent a clue. some kind of lock work best way or even maybe dnt be daft enough to only have one key for your car in the first place eh??lol. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: