Author Topic: Electric Windows over priced fitting cost  (Read 1440 times)

Offline 10:27

• Here all the time
Electric Windows over priced fitting cost
« on: 17 March 2005, 16:07 »
how much should i be expecting to pay to have an electric window kit installed? had a quote of C&R Enterprises 670-840 quid to me that sounds like they are ripping you off he told me that thew guy provided the kit and they still charged 670! them went on about wiring.

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: Electric Windows over priced fitting cost
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2005, 16:22 »
Far canal ! Who are they kidding !? :shocked: That's far too much, I know when AdamB did his he said that it was a b1tch and it took him several hours, but 600 - 800 beer tokens ! They are having a laugh !? :laugh: :laugh:

I think I'd stay manual if that's the going rate.  :shocked: :shocked:
......now officially dubless.

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2005, 20:10 »
iv got a kit but it looks like im goin manual? for the time being i dont surpose anybody knows who will fit the kit for a realistic price?

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2005, 09:54 »
It's an easy job, if a bit fiddly! The biggest problem I had was installing the scissor mechanism in the door. This took me hours to do, but only because it really is a tight fit and requires two people to do it properly. If you take your doorcard off you will see how it goes in. The wiring is a piece of cake to do, and only requires a little electrical knowledge - dont pay anyone to do it.
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2005, 13:40 »
thanks mate i think i will give it a go! will i need a manual to wire it up? cheers for the help fellas 

Offline Flidster_uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2005, 20:19 »
The manual will show a clear setup although the kit i got didnt come with relays you had to obtain them yourself. ?100 for the kit i got and they were a good set came from german and french parts based in nottingham the switches were a good likeness to the original in the end i dictched them for the correct ones get em down albert looms scrappy no end of passats there, you will need two relays for each switch. i wouldnt suggest you run em without.
1990 CAB GTI Saphire Met. / 1994 Ice grey violet VR6 Corrado
account.<br />http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/18662/cab.jpg

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2005, 22:21 »
cheers fella