Author Topic: [b]Part Numbers for Knackered Hoses![/b]  (Read 3662 times)

Offline L3NGK

• Not said much yet
[b]Part Numbers for Knackered Hoses![/b]
« on: 24 April 2009, 23:12 »
Just wondering if any of you guys can help me find the part numbers i need for the following hoses that have seen better days in my Golf 1.8T 2002 AUM.

The usual 'y' shaped culprit!

The VW guy that fitted this replacement seems to have overtightened it somewhat!

It looks as if this braided hose is damaged. There seems to be a bit of oil around this area. Could it have come from this braided hose?

Closeup!

And finally a pipe that i believe feeds or connects to the SAI (Labeled 'This one').

The label 'Here' is where it has been 'bodged' by the previous owner!

Any help would be appreciated. If you know the price of any then that would be appreciated!!! I think the 'y' shaped was £20 something last time (bout 12 months ago)

Thanks

Offline Philpy

• Here all the time
Re: [b]Part Numbers for Knackered Hoses![/b]
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2009, 09:38 »
Not sure about all of them, but the Y piece one has the part number molded in, I can nearly read it in your pic!

Offline L3NGK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2009, 10:13 »
Ha, yeah! Its the other two that i have never replaced that i need to know. I heard that i can just use silicone hose to replace the braided hose. Why are some hoses braided and others not?

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2009, 15:32 »
That plate where the Secondary Air Pump hose clamps too on the front of the inlet manifold should be flat.... Your looks bent??
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline L3NGK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2009, 16:10 »
Think the car has previously had front end damage :sad:
I have ordered a new crankcase breather and replaced the vacuum hoses with samco hose. Whilst fitting the new vacuum lines i checked some other connections. I noticed that my DV was loose. I removed it and cleaned it (was covered in oil!). I now do not get the turbo chatter that was previously present  :grin: Could have been the new vacuum line or the DV connection.
On another note, what is the valve/connector that is located in the tip, behind the DV? what does this do? is it supposed to be a check valve? Its got a spring inside but i can blow through both directions. Just wondering what it is for?

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2009, 18:42 »
That's your boost control valve or better referred to as the N75 valve. It control the boost via a vacum pipe running to the actuator on the turbo...  :nerd:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline L3NGK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 26 April 2009, 19:06 »
That's your boost control valve or better referred to as the N75 valve. It control the boost via a vacum pipe running to the actuator on the turbo...  :nerd:
Hmm... I think it connects to the 'y' shape breather  :undecided: I think i need to explain better. Il post a picture as i think you have described the solenoid valve located nearby.
« Last Edit: 26 April 2009, 19:09 by L3NGK »

Offline L3NGK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2009, 19:16 »
This strange thing...

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 26 April 2009, 21:10 »
Oh that thing... Not really sure, but it's where the breather pipes dump the dirty air back into the inlet but then you knew that! It may be like a one way valve??  :huh:
Scott

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #9 on: 26 April 2009, 21:41 »
This strange thing...

pcv valve (positive crankcase ventilation valve) :nerd:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU