Author Topic: Remote locking  (Read 1567 times)

Offline wasp

• Just got here
Remote locking
« on: 19 June 2020, 00:49 »
Greetings
When I unlock the doors I have to go through two cycles on the remote before they will unlock, it is not the remote itself as I have tried the spare with the same result. Any ideas ??
Cheers from down under
Steven

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
Re: Remote locking
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2020, 19:34 »
Depends what you meen.

As standard
One press opens drivers door only
Second press opens all other doors

If you meen you have to do the above twice then it will probably be the motors on the door locks getting slow with age. Or your cars battery low voltage not high enough to kick them into action. Or a fault with one of the locks which would show with a scan
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2020, 20:46 »
I was confused about the locking behaviour when I got my Mk6. Only the driver's door opens with the first press. But you can change it in the dash settings to make it open all doors (which I did). The single door thing is default and expected in certain markets, like South Africa. Not sure why it's standard in the UK.
2010 Mk6 GTI

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2020, 23:17 »
I was confused about the locking behaviour when I got my Mk6. Only the driver's door opens with the first press. But you can change it in the dash settings to make it open all doors (which I did). The single door thing is default and expected in certain markets, like South Africa. Not sure why it's standard in the UK.

It’s like that so unwanted / uninvited ‘passengers’ (aka would-be carjackers or thieves if you happen to be parked in an undesirable area) who might be loitering near your car don’t get in when you unlock it.

With the four VW’s I’ve owned, I’ve always left the door unlocking in the factory default settings. IMO it’s no real hardship having to press the key fob button twice if you’ve got genuine passengers that need to be let in.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2020, 12:20 »
Yeah, it makes sense in certain markets, like South Africa. I'm lazy, though and don't really see the point in the UK. In SA it's also expected that your doors will lock automatically when you start driving. Not sure if this is set by default in the UK, but it's an option.
2010 Mk6 GTI