Author Topic: Smooth front wipers  (Read 506 times)

Offline ju571n

• GTI forum regular
Smooth front wipers
« on: 27 January 2011, 15:53 »
Ive had a look through the searches and in the maintainence section but cannot find if anybody has actually found some smooth front wiper arms... :laugh:

Ive had a quick look about but found nthing yet. Just wondering if anybody has any ides on the subject.

Cheers Justin

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Smooth front wipers
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2011, 16:18 »
When you say "smooth wipers" are you refering to the actual wiper arms or the blades? If it's the later then flat aero type blades are readily available from loads of places. These look loads better in my opinion.
Bosch make decent ones for starters ( ive had mine for a while now without issues)
« Last Edit: 27 January 2011, 16:21 by thai-wronghorse »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2011, 16:22 »
Mk4 style flat wiper blades are a nice upgrade.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2011, 17:25 »
i'd guess hes referring to the arms as the car in his sig has aero wipers. wasnt there rumours of some bmw front wipers fitting or something

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2011, 17:29 »
I thought that was for the rear wiper only?

Offline ju571n

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2011, 18:03 »
Nah on about arms guys.. Erm i read somewhere about 00-05reg passats work? i have the rear 1 series wiper! just want to match the fronts up.

i thinks its just gonna be a case of being nosey and keeping a tape measure in my pocket.  :grin:

Saw a Vauxhall Signum earlier, they lloked the part but will have to find one to have a good look at as ebay hant got fkcu all..  :laugh:

If i do manage to find some that could work, then you shall all of course be first to hear of it.

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers  :cool: