Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2776579 times)

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9970 on: 08 February 2020, 21:02 »
After a lot of thinking I sold mine (well last week-14 plate Gti with 27k miles) and I have ordered a M135i Xdrive.

Im still up in the air about it all, the Gti was the best car I have owned. When I saw it drive off up the road I felt really sad.  :undecided:

I just hope I feel like I have done the right thing when the new car arrives.

For me, I dont like the way its going with the Golfs(after owning 4) -the thefts and the parts being stolen off them, so I thought I would try something else-only time will tell if its been a good decision or not.

So,thanks ladies and gents,ill still come on here and have a read cos Im sad like that! :grin:

Congrats on the move. I’m a huge BM fan so you’ll definitely be happy with it.

Only thing is the thefts of the BM stuff is just as bad though so I hope that wasn’t the main reason for swapping out.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9971 on: 08 February 2020, 22:58 »
So I’ve ordered the BBS centre caps for the SR’s. And washed her again lol.

Offline Zermatt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9972 on: 10 February 2020, 05:52 »
Yesterday went out with a set of 718 and 981 Boxsters and Cayman friends from my 997 days.

On a pretty squally morning we set of to drive up the Lecht Pass from west of Aberdeen. For those of you who don’t know it this road connects Aberdeenshire and Moray and rises to 650m. It often along with Glenshee features in EVO and Top Gear Speed week.

The GTi running on its SottoZero 3 was sublime yesterday and felt really surefooted on some grimy roads. I was glad I’d put a coating of GTechniq C2 Liquid Crystal on the day before to top up its GTechniq protection.

All in all a great driving day and I left thinking what a bargain the Mk7.5 felt in that company it’s such a well resolved hot hatch.
2018 |Isaac Blue GTI| 3 Door |Manual |Art Velour| Bresicas
2018 | Alpine A110 Premiere Edition
2005 | Graphite Blue Mk V GTi- long gone but not forgotten

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9973 on: 10 February 2020, 08:40 »
Yesterday went out with a set of 718 and 981 Boxsters and Cayman friends from my 997 days.

On a pretty squally morning we set of to drive up the Lecht Pass from west of Aberdeen. For those of you who don’t know it this road connects Aberdeenshire and Moray and rises to 650m. It often along with Glenshee features in EVO and Top Gear Speed week.

The GTi running on its SottoZero 3 was sublime yesterday and felt really surefooted on some grimy roads. I was glad I’d put a coating of GTechniq C2 Liquid Crystal on the day before to top up its GTechniq protection.

All in all a great driving day and I left thinking what a bargain the Mk7.5 felt in that company it’s such a well resolved hot hatch.

Now that sounds like it was a great day out!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9974 on: 10 February 2020, 11:52 »
Finished removing all my personal bits and pieces from the car before trade in tomorrow. Excited to be getting a new toy but a little sad this one is going, we've had a lot of lovely holidays and days out in it and I never tired of looking back at it when I parked it up :smiley: I hope the next owner has as much fun with it as I've had.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9975 on: 10 February 2020, 13:05 »
Finished removing all my personal bits and pieces from the car before trade in tomorrow. Excited to be getting a new toy but a little sad this one is going, we've had a lot of lovely holidays and days out in it and I never tired of looking back at it when I parked it up :smiley: I hope the next owner has as much fun with it as I've had.

Have you finally found a suitable TCR?? Think I must have missed a few threads!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9976 on: 10 February 2020, 14:12 »
Have you finally found a suitable TCR?? Think I must have missed a few threads!

Bought and paid for, collecting tomorrow! Not exactly what I wanted but unless you can order new there's always a compromise to be made.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9977 on: 10 February 2020, 14:48 »

Never nice having to remove bits when it’s that time to move on but onwards and upwards as they always say. I’m sure the replacement will be more than up to the task of filling those shoes.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9978 on: 10 February 2020, 14:56 »
Never nice having to remove bits when it’s that time to move on but onwards and upwards as they always say. I’m sure the replacement will be more than up to the task of filling those shoes.

Cheers, indeed and I really hope so! :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9979 on: 10 February 2020, 15:52 »
Finally pulled the trigger on the TCR! Looking forward to the pictures!!!