Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2741310 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9960 on: 07 February 2020, 20:10 »

It was up early and a drive over the Pennines to Stockport this morning for an appointment with Rick at Unicorn.

A touch over 300bhp with a decent amount of torque to go with it. Not had chance to test it properly but you can certainly notice the difference.

Never mind the headline figures, that’s a great looking graph indicating loads of useable performance with a really good power delivery. Wouldn’t surprise me if the car is better on fuel too with all that torque in normal driving.

The car always looks so good on the Belvedere wheels too. I’m tempted to shove mine on for summer (with the spacers I had for my R when it was on Cadiz for a short time).

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #9961 on: 07 February 2020, 21:40 »

It was up early and a drive over the Pennines to Stockport this morning for an appointment with Rick at Unicorn.

A touch over 300bhp with a decent amount of torque to go with it. Not had chance to test it properly but you can certainly notice the difference.

Your car looks great Ryan, I really like the Clubsport/TCR rear mods and the Belvederes really suit a black car. Great power curve, I’ve read many good reports about Rick’s craftsmanship.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9962 on: 07 February 2020, 23:33 »
Nice map Ryan. Car looks spot on too with the additional diffuser etc.

Map looks like a good one with that graph.

Started the process of returning my car to stock. Today, cf mirror caps, R rear lights, CS red centre caps, Audi 12v socket cover and left foot rest all replaced with the original parts. It's a bit sad really. Tomorrow, Audi short shifter, Audi shift cables metal bracket with 42 Draft Designs metal bushes and VW Racingline turbo elbow and inlet pipe to go.

If anyone is interested in the spare parts, I'd rather they go to someone on here who is going to use and enjoy them, PM me with an offer. I'm not going to be greedy, I've had my fun, but be reasonable! I will probably keep the Racingline parts for now along with the CS centre caps and 12v cover.

Always a shame when demodding but then there’s always the next project.

I could be interested in the footrest if you have any pics and price in mind.

Offline st33ly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9963 on: 08 February 2020, 07:28 »
I would take the CS centre caps of you if they are mint.

PM me if you want

Cheers

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9964 on: 08 February 2020, 09:06 »
Always a shame when demodding but then there’s always the next project.

I could be interested in the footrest if you have any pics and price in mind.

Unfortunately a clip got broken on the footrest so it was binned. Thanks for the interest though :smiley:

I would take the CS centre caps of you if they are mint.

PM me if you want

Cheers

I'll keep you in mind but I have promised Clubsport first refusal. I'm pretty sure they are mint but they need cleaning so I'll inspect them carefully when I do. Cheers :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #9965 on: 08 February 2020, 09:15 »
After a lot of thinking I sold mine (well last week-14 plate Gti with 27k miles) and I have ordered a M135i Xdrive.

Im still up in the air about it all, the Gti was the best car I have owned. When I saw it drive off up the road I felt really sad.  :undecided:

I just hope I feel like I have done the right thing when the new car arrives.

For me, I dont like the way its going with the Golfs(after owning 4) -the thefts and the parts being stolen off them, so I thought I would try something else-only time will tell if its been a good decision or not.

So,thanks ladies and gents,ill still come on here and have a read cos Im sad like that! :grin:

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9966 on: 08 February 2020, 10:20 »
After a lot of thinking I sold mine (well last week-14 plate Gti with 27k miles) and I have ordered a M135i Xdrive.

Im still up in the air about it all, the Gti was the best car I have owned. When I saw it drive off up the road I felt really sad.  :undecided:

For me, I dont like the way its going with the Golfs(after owning 4) -the thefts and the parts being stolen off them, so I thought I would try something else-only time will tell if its been a good decision or not.

So,thanks ladies and gents,ill still come on here and have a read cos Im sad like that! :grin:

All the best with the new car, I'm sure you will be very happy with it and being 4 wheel drive it should be a bit different from the golf as well. :)

Discovered that a friendly cat that comes to my house for food decided to climb all over my car and left some nice scratches down the side  :angry: got them mostly out with the machine, just hope she doesn't make a habit of it !
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9967 on: 08 February 2020, 11:58 »

Ooohhh!  :cool:

What spec and colour?

I was really impressed with the M135i and still have some pangs about not getting one but yet another bloody Golf instead!
Lovely arse, lovely cabin, very rigid body shell and power comes in nice and low so very useable. And right now it’s very different!! Not many about unlike a Golf R.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #9968 on: 08 February 2020, 16:38 »
Thanks chaps.

I have gone for Tech pack and M plus pack in Misano blue, so I get the bigger 19" wheels which I think look loads better than the standard 18s.

I couldn't add anything else as this just keeps it under the £40k luxury tax bracket-Im not paying 500 quid a year road tax!!

I got about 17% off it via a Carwow deal and got my nearest BMW dealer to match it.

It was a toss up between this or a TCR so Im hoping I have done the right thing, it should be here middle ish of March.

« Last Edit: 08 February 2020, 16:39 by Gtiless »

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9969 on: 08 February 2020, 20:59 »

Unfortunately a clip got broken on the footrest so it was binned. Thanks for the interest though :smiley:

Ah not to worry. Shame though.